Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight attendant rude beyond belief

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by JAXBA

Although I do have two examples of BA DND stickers they used to have in the 1980s. They were in the sock/eyeshadeal pack back then. I'll try and scan one..
On eBay currently (not mine)

Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What if you didn't mean to fall asleep (so didn't use the sticker) then did fall asleep?

Would that give the CC Carte Blanche to wake you up and force you to eat or drink?

"Sorry sir but you didnt have a sticker so we are allowed to wake you up as other customers complained about not been woken up"
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by SleeplessnearSTN
Mind you, the briefest of glances at the blog reveals it is written by someone who would struggle to pass GCSE English.
I was going to argue with you about that... then I read some of the blog posts.

Now, where did I put my red pen?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: Complete Pleb, former BAEC Gold, former MH Silver
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Can't remember what airline it is, but they have this card to tag on the seat of someone doesn't want to be woken up. Maybe BA.
EK provide set of stickers you can choose from and stick on your seat (please wake me for service, please don't disturb me etc).

TBH I thought it was quite a good idea....though I don't think anyone actually used them!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
When reading any negative OP on FlyerTalk I always take it at face value. In fact that's how I treat most negative posts unless I know the poster.
Well said. It's a shame others don't adopt your approach, instead rushing to get their digs in at the OP.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

Would that give the CC Carte Blanche to wake you up and force you to eat or drink?
They can wake you up but forcing you to eat or drink would be a bit much

On a related matter, QF's new A330 J seats have a button for "DND" sign. I think it's quite a good idea. Not likely to fall off like the DND stickers.

VS used to do those stickers but the other way round, something like "Wake me for meals". I thought it was a great idea as it enabled me to sleep lots but have every meal (and I was in Y, there was a lot of food and it was nice!). Do they still do them? I haven't flown with them for many, many years.

I would love BA to have a sign for DND or 'wake me for meals', although in F I find that crew almost always ask me if I want to be woken for meals (esp the second meal).
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jamier45
How did I know that was coming when I saw rapidex post!
he even pleads guilty
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver
BA flight attendant rude beyond belief

OP shouldn't have headphones on for take off
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RedMark
Is this your own rule? It isn't one BA have.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by RedMark
To be fair, it's now explicitly that handheld devices and headphones are fine for the duration of the flight (including taxi, take off & landing.)

As a courtesy I normally take them off for the safety briefing but it's not a "rule" as such
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Data point for BA33 yesterday:

- IFE had to be reset twice for everyone, after being reset mine was unresponsive but couldn't be bothered as I had a laptop with me so I didn't complain. (and I don't expect anything).

- I had ordered a special meal (vegetarian). Despite having the actual seat number on it the Cabin Crew member just stood there with the plate and shouted : "who ordered this special meal?" and then dropped it on my tray.

- Same Cabin Crew member after being asked for some water by an elderly passenger shortly after take off turned around and said "For ....'s sake" whilst walking towards the galley. I understand they probably had 100 other things to do just after take off but there is a minimum level of professionalism you can keep whilst doing your job.

- Getting the second special meal in the morning, again, same cabin crew member just shouted "Hey, this asian veg yours?". I didn't quite understand immediately so she sighed and then said, do you want this special meal or not? I was baffled by her response.

- During that same morning meal service the cabin crew member woke me up and told me to immediately put my seat in the upright position so the person behind me could eat. She told me this was necessary during meal service. I tried to explain I was asleep and didn't realise there was a meal service going on.

So yeah, pretty comfortable flight (8 hours of sleep in Y) but I felt like I had to constantly apologise for being on that plane.

I have a CW flight to SFO coming up so I hope that will be better.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by AAtticus

- IFE had to be reset twice for everyone, after being reset mine was unresponsive but couldn't be bothered as I had a laptop with me so I didn't complain. (and I don't expect anything).

- I had ordered a special meal (vegetarian). Despite having the actual seat number on it the Cabin Crew member just stood there with the plate and shouted : "who ordered this special meal?" and then dropped it on my tray.

- Same Cabin Crew member after being asked for some water by an elderly passenger shortly after take off turned around and said "For ....'s sake" whilst walking towards the galley. I understand they probably had 100 other things to do just after take off but there is a minimum level of professionalism you can keep whilst doing your job.

- Getting the second special meal in the morning, again, same cabin crew member just shouted "Hey, this asian veg yours?". I didn't quite understand immediately so she sighed and then said, do you want this special meal or not? I was baffled by her response.

- During that same morning meal service the cabin crew member woke me up and told me to immediately put my seat in the upright position so the person behind me could eat. She told me this was necessary during meal service. I tried to explain I was asleep and didn't realise there was a meal service going on.

So yeah, pretty comfortable flight (8 hours of sleep in Y) but I felt like I had to constantly apologise for being on that plane.

Did you raise any of these issues with the CSM?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by AAtticus

Did you raise any of your concerns with the CSL or CSD on the flight?

Do you plan to rain your data points (?) with the airline via means of a formal complaint?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
I understand that the only way to improve service probably IS to complain but just to explain:

- as said I had a pretty comfortable flight in Y, 8 of sleep to from LHR to KUL is is a record I think.

- Because of that I missed most of the flight so I couldn't be bothered by the non functional IFE, and also had my laptop to watch some movies.

Regarding the CC member acting rude, I was under the impression she already had a horrible day so I wasn't really up for making it even worse. The way she behaved was completely out of line but I guess if she's like this all the time she wouldn't be a CC member on LH flights so I presumed it was a one off.

My post above was mostly to stay OT of the topic title and also to giving some context into people defending some of the lesser points of BA. Such as "the service makes up for the hard product". Albeit this one probably more anecdotal evidence and not really the norm.

All in all, I paid €340 for a MAD-LHR-KUL return so I'm not really keen on raising a formal complaint about this .
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by simons1
Didn't someone on the Emirates board comment on your "cultural bullcrap"?
You are not allowed to reference a comment from another forum here on FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.