Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by henkybaby
It's not perfect, but it works for some pretty weird itins I tried. There is always the power tools of course. Just suggesting another instrument. AFAIK there is no silver bullet....

Sometimes you can revert to UK pricing, simply by changing the .com to .co.uk after you priced it up on an OTA.
I am always up for more options in this game, so thank you Expert Flyer validated the fare rules and also identified the problem... R0 for all flights. Seems ITA Matrix was not genuinely checking for available seats.
Old May 28, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
May have been covered already, but, if so, it's worth a reminder. Seeing DUB-JFK-CDG (LHR transfers permitted) for £999. The DUB fare is the standard seasonal fare, but the CDG return is book by 14th June, with travel completed by 08 September.
FYI, going back to WAW (DUB-NYC-WAW) is around £30 cheaper. Every little helps...
Old May 28, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Today I.booked a DUB-ORD and return for mid September, via several places with a overnight in NYC on the outbound, almost exactly a year after booking the same thing in the spring DUB sale of 2015. £1108 this year which is a very similar price, and a good deal.for a trip I would otherwise have to make in WT+ so thank goodness for this sale. Both TATL legs are on the UD of a 747 too. In addition the TPs earned will retain gold for another year, a status I never thought I'd achieve just over a year ago.
Old May 28, 2016, 5:38 pm

DUB-LHR-LAS why they only offer BA metal ?(at a good rate)
Old May 28, 2016, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CGRA
They don't. In fact, AA itineraries are often a few euros cheaper. It probably has something to do with the dates when you looked or time constraints of your routing?
Old May 28, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by T8191
Following the alert by gorps1 and the ILN8S4E1 ex-DUB, I managed to find some DUB-OGG at £1344 in January and £1363 in March.

As nufnuf77 observed above, not exactly the bargain of the year, and yet ... that's a lot of miles/TPs for the money. Still too many 757 sectors showing up, though.
Check the configuration of the 757, a few weeks ago PHX-PHL was the same as one I flew TATL BRU-PHL on . Perfectly comfortable for dozing
Old May 29, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by CGRA
Originally Posted by orbitmic
They don't. In fact, AA itineraries are often a few euros cheaper. It probably has something to do with the dates when you looked or time constraints of your routing?
What I've noticed on AA's site is that if you use a straightforward return search it returns almost exclusively BA metal for sale fares but if you break down the segments into a multi city the AA options appear.
Old May 29, 2016, 1:19 am

QR to Tokyo from OSL/ARN for around £1100 is a good price, TYO is rarely that cheap.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
What I've noticed on AA's site is that if you use a straightforward return search it returns almost exclusively BA metal for sale fares but if you break down the segments into a multi city the AA options appear.
Could it be that you have them organised by flight times? Obviously MCT for T5-T5 is significantly shorter than for T5-T3, which therefore imposes longer connections and higher overall flight times. That could explain why AA routings won't appear towards the top of the list (whether they appear on the list at all would depend on number of search results selected).
Old May 29, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Could it be that you have them organised by flight times? Obviously MCT for T5-T5 is significantly shorter than for T5-T3, which therefore imposes longer connections and higher overall flight times. That could explain why AA routings won't appear towards the top of the list (whether they appear on the list at all would depend on number of search results selected).
For LAS even BA departures are from T3 so that won't explain this one
Old May 29, 2016, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
For LAS even BA departures are from T3 so that won't explain this one
very true!
Old May 29, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
QR to Tokyo from OSL/ARN for around £1100 is a good price, TYO is rarely that cheap.
Ugh. Wish that one had been around a few weeks ago. That would have been perfect for my xmas skiing trip
Old May 29, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Ugh. Wish that one had been around a few weeks ago. That would have been perfect for my xmas skiing trip
TYO is only ~£1200 ex-DE at the moment
Old May 29, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by musehead
TYO is only ~£1200 ex-DE at the moment
I'll bear it in mind for the next trip. Maybe xmas 2017 or Easter 2018 depending on when that falls
Old May 29, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by henkybaby
ExDE they had Windhoek a while back, but that is gone now.

I would start exARN. You can do it for £1090 or so.
Thanks Henky, I regretted not jumping on that Qatar Windhoek one. But maybe its going to be for the best given that I think I'm going to target the Qatar Globetrotter Campaign & Platinum status with them this year (as I did last year).
Jo'burg earns the 1st badge (of 4 needed for me to keep Platinum & earn a shed load of Qmiles - perhaps 200k+) if travelled to between 15th May & 25th July.

So I'm umming and arring at the moment.
I've seen ARN-CPT in that time frame for £1141 (no badges)
LON-CPT (no badges but convenient for me) £1650
ARN-JNB £1141 (one badge, 1st)
TXL-JNB £1520 (two badges, 1st & 2nd)
MIL-JNB £1650 (two badges, 1st & 2nd)

So I'm currently trying to weigh up whether to do BER(TXL)-JHB for £1520 for the first two badges (as DOH-BER gets the 2nd badge) or save myself £400 towards another trip for the 2nd badge somewhere else.
It probably makes more sense if I am going to really target the 4 badges to go for the pricier option upfront (costing £760 per badge for the first two + one holiday) vs the cheaper flight now to save £400 on my July holiday but cost me £1140 per badge for the 1st badge.

Shame the Scandi countries aren't listed as destinations for the Globetrotter campaign !

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...id=EMALL548860

If anyone spots excellent prices for any destinations (or pairs of destinations) within the campaign list & dates I'd be seriously grateful for a heads-up.

I appreciate this is the BA J & F thread but as QR earns TPs in BAEC (although not if crediting to QR) I hope no one minds too much I'm posting this here. If I find other good J/F prices on QR I'll post here of course.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; May 29, 2016 at 11:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.