Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's BA Thursday: AMS-HNL for €400

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
It's BA Thursday: AMS-HNL for €400

Got this from the mileage run board:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l-3-2-cpm.html

Only Y but under £300 to Hawai'i

Looks like those extra procedures to prevent mistakes have yet to kick in.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
Please die

the title alone had my heart rate off the chart
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
This is getting ridiculous.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Only Y
Bah, the thread should have come with a warning
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't even do it supposing it was for free.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Calchas
Bah, the thread should have come with a warning
More the fact that these mistakes keep happening. Anybody would be a fool to book this with BA, whichever cabin.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More the fact that these mistakes keep happening. Anybody would be a fool to book this with BA, whichever cabin.
A fool?

It's a free bet. Either you get to travel to Hawaii at a ludicrous price (admittedly in Y, so I wouldn't do it) or you get your money back.

So far my BGO-MIA booking for £350 in J seems to be holding water. Some have flown the fare with success. I'll let you know if I feel a fool this time next week.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
A fool?

It's a free bet. Either you get to travel to Hawaii at a ludicrous price (admittedly in Y, so I wouldn't do it) or you get your money back.

So far my BGO-MIA booking for £350 in J seems to be holding water. Some have flown the fare with success. I'll let you know if I feel a fool this time next week.
If one has the time and inclination to gamble with ones travel. I wouldn't trust the airline not to cancel the manifest error fare the day before travelling.

But, you're right, maybe I was too harsh. I certainly wouldn't do it in Y though.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If one has the time and inclination to gamble with ones travel. I wouldn't trust the airline not to cancel the manifest error fare the day before travelling.
Then I'll be enjoying the delights of Bergen all weekend
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA 1M, AA Platinum, HA Pualani Gold, KAL Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Wow, that's just about what I'll pay to fly HNL-LAX-SAN at Christmas
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Another manifest error manifesting erroneously?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:10 am

A theory put forward by others in relation to Bratwurst/Tequila etc, is that BA had cancelled them due to the size of the cabin (F) and the amount of revenue lost.

With these fares being in Y, that won't apply.

Somehow I still find myself waiting for the inevitable "Hula fare cancellation thread".
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Virazuno

Somehow I still find myself waiting for the inevitable "Hula fare cancellation thread".
I wouldn't say 'hula' because I like the food and drink theme (granted, nobody eats Vikings), so maybe the great pineapple fare, or the kona crusted fare?

I wonder what the base fare is. I hope for people they have the decency not to cancel but frankly, either way, assuming that this is indeed a mistake, the incompetence of that pricing team knows no bound...
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I wouldn't say 'hula' because I like the food and drink theme (granted, nobody eats Vikings), so maybe the great pineapple fare, or the kona crusted fare?

I wonder what the base fare is. I hope for people they have the decency not to cancel but frankly, either way, assuming that this is indeed a mistake, the incompetence of that pricing team knows no bound...
Gotta be the Spam Fare
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:49 am

Fare basis is €93 so not likely to be a mistake. TATL and US sectors are in O so very limited earning opportunities.

I am holding out for something more interesting today...

Last edited by bonzo; Sep 10, 2015 at 12:50 am Reason: can't add 46.50+46.50 correctly before 8am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.