Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel half of Gold Priority Reward?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Cancel half of Gold Priority Reward?

Will I have any issue canceling the outbound of a Gold Priority Reward while keeping the return? I'm within 30 days.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
Will I have any issue canceling the outbound of a Gold Priority Reward while keeping the return? I'm within 30 days.
Some experts will come and clarify but I think you have to cancel whole booking then booking the return flight as another single booking.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
That's annoying. Should have had them book it as two seperate PNRs. Anyone manage to be able to do this?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well until I saw cysyuen's comment, I was under the impression you split the booking (or rather get BAEC to do so) and then cancel out the non traveller, which is relatively trivial to do and should have no cost. I am less sure it works if you have already flown the outbound, however. On the other hand if normal availability is now online then you should of course cancel the whole booking for free and start again.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well until I saw cysyuen's comment, I was under the impression you split the booking (or rather get BAEC to do so) and then cancel out the non traveller, which is relatively trivial to do and should have no cost. I am less sure it works if you have already flown the outbound, however. On the other hand if normal availability is now online then you should of course cancel the whole booking for free and start again.
Haven't flown the outbound. Want to keep both travelers. Just cancel the outbound and rebook a separate (IB-metal) award. I can't rebook the return Gold Priority Rewards as its next week (and there is no normal availability) so I would need to be able to cancel/refund the outbound without touching the return.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sts603
Haven't flown the outbound. Want to keep both travelers. Just cancel the outbound and rebook a separate (IB-metal) award. I can't rebook the return Gold Priority Rewards as its next week (and there is no normal availability) so I would need to be able to cancel/refund the outbound without touching the return.
Ah, in that case you may have more problems. You certainly have to do something, since if you don't touch the outbound, the inbound will be cancelled automatically. The GPR bit is unclear to me, but it was a normal reward and you hadn't started, you can remove the outbound if you are more than 24 hours from travel. If Expertflyer is handy, you can take a guess whether the inbound will perhaps give availability anyway say 3 days before departure. But you better give it a go and report back, it can't be done online.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Sometimes BA agents can work miracles when you actually call them.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I was told (yesterday) that as I used GPR the normal 24 hour rule doesn't apply, it's a 30 day rule for cancelling. Good luck!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:48 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
I was told (yesterday) that as I used GPR the normal 24 hour rule doesn't apply, it's a 30 day rule for cancelling. Good luck!
It must be booked at least 30 days in advance, but otherwise standard terms apply including for cancellation.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ditions-of-use

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.