Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW Flounge - Any good?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
LGW Flounge - Any good?

I'm due out through LGW on Saturday morning. Am I correct in reading between the lines from comments here that the Flounge is not up to much? Is it likely to be busy around 8ish? I'm used to the T5 lounges, but not LGW.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

It is smaller than GF at T5 with a smaller selection of food but it is quite good.

It will probably get busier mid morning

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Dashboard info here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-terraces.html
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you regard it as an alternate to Flounge T5 or T3, you'll be disappointed. If you regard it as a small and often quite quiet lounge then it's fine, but I wouldn't over-extend your stay. At that hour note that a number of hot food options can be ordered from the staff, there should be menu books out. If the Club lounge is quiet, and you're not after much by way of a hot breakfast, then the space and views are better there.

Edit: Still better than Flounge Kennedy T7 though!

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 30, 2015 at 3:50 am
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Frankly I find it pokey, dingy, and usually closed when I'm travelling. It's got decent Champagne and a menu. Nothing to write home about but so much better than what you'll probably be offered on the return.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Frankly I find it pokey, dingy, and usually closed when I'm travelling. It's got decent Champagne and a menu. Nothing to write home about but so much better than what you'll probably be offered on the return.
+1

Easier to catch the eye of the wait staff though as they have fewer nooks and crannies to hide in
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Well we have an early start to get to LGW, so was hoping for a breakfast of sorts, before a 10:30 flight.

Conflicting info what we get on the return as I read Grenada either has nothing or a private terminal based on what I read on here!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
Well we have an early start to get to LGW, so was hoping for a breakfast of sorts, before a 10:30 flight.
You will get a breakfast at the LGW Flounge, hot options are relatively limited due to the lack of a proper kitchen, but decent enough. I haven't been there since the end of May, but the breakfast menu at that time was unchanged since Sep 2014, so a reasonable chance it is the same today.

You can find that menu at post #71 of the below thread. Note that as with the CCR Egg Benedict, the "Eggs Royale" is in the singular. Quite ok though, and don't be afraid to order more than one hot item if you are hungry.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-2013-a-8.html
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:05 am

Reminded me of the CCR when I was there last week. Only two staff working. It took forever to catch their eye. Eventually gave up and went an ordered directly from the kitchen.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
LGW Flounge - Any good?

I think you need to see it in context: the LGW F is way better than most BA operated out station lounges in terms of food and drink; but not as good as the T3 or T5 LHR alternatives or other carriers' F lounges.

For a nice drink and something to eat from a to-order menu, it is not bad at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.