Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status not printing on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Status not printing on boarding pass

Just checked in for paid F flight to JFK tomorrow. My BA status is not showing on boarding pass - either pdf or if I do on app. BA number definitely saved in booking - just called and checked. Anyone else having problems?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Checked in and printed one off about two hours ago and it showed my status correctly.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:10 pm

Just checked in for another flight on a separate booking. Again, status is showing correctly.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:39 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I would try using Finnair.com to remove your BAEC number, save, reopen and reapply your BAEC number.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by brightstar100
Just checked in for paid F flight to JFK tomorrow. My BA status is not showing on boarding pass - either pdf or if I do on app. BA number definitely saved in booking - just called and checked. Anyone else having problems?
Presumably it doesn't really matter? Just ask one of the agents in the CCR to sort it out when you're there.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:58 pm

Just write it on - one of those rollerball things will do the job.

Palmer
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton/Marriott/SPG Gold
This seems to happen on occasion - it doesn't necessarily mean your BAEC number isn't on the booking, or that you'll have trouble with TPs or lounge access (not that it's relevant in your case, given you're in F).
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
So there is no gold coloured boarding pass on the BA app?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: Most of them, I think ...
Try a refresh (pull down and release) in the app, then if no joy, try logging out of the app, then logging back in with your username/password and do another refresh.

Your app should have a gold bar across the top - that's the status display element.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gomac
So there is no gold coloured boarding pass on the BA app?
No, just grey/white coloured!

I'm having status anxiety!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by timbo_baggins
Try a refresh (pull down and release) in the app, then if no joy, try logging out of the app, then logging back in with your username/password and do another refresh.

Your app should have a gold bar across the top - that's the status display element.
Thanks, just tried but still doesn't work - shows GGL in app and gold colour bar.

Anyway, doesn't matter - I will sort at airport.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rt112
This seems to happen on occasion - it doesn't necessarily mean your BAEC number isn't on the booking, or that you'll have trouble with TPs or lounge access (not that it's relevant in your case, given you're in F).
Thanks. My concern was that Special Services in JFK wouldn't notice me because my status wasn't showing in system - I've emailed them and all fine!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Interesting. I'm having the same issue, about to fly through DUB - LHR - BOS in Y oh why. Will see how it goes and hopefully the lounge can fix any issues.

Last edited by Cymro; Aug 28, 2015 at 12:54 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:02 am

Thanks. My concern was that Special Services in JFK wouldn't notice me because my status wasn't showing in system - I've emailed them and all fine!
If you wear a large pink feather in your cap SS will definately notice you - I speak from experience
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Having checked in at the desk, it seems that although I could see the booking in MMB, BA's systems were saying my number was invalid. Eventually he managed to remove the old number and put the new one in and I now have a fast track boarding pass, on paper and, after deleting it from Passbook, in the app as well.

Plaudits to Riad for fixing it for me and making sure I get fast track on my connection at LHR. However the issue might have ruined my chances for an upgrade - they wouldn't have recognised any status when doing the upgrade calculations unless they do them very late!

Got a bulkhead seat anyway so not too bothered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.