Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flybe and avios

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Flybe and avios

Flybe are growing on me as they continue to improve and loose their flymaybe reputation. It was great news when they decided to offer avios as flight rewards but the process of obtaining them seems to be very complicated and despite entering details on the flybe website have yet to see any avios appear. Wouldnt it be beneficial to all parties to be able to enter you BA executive card number number and get avios delivered directly to your BA account if you so wished and flybe flights bookabke via BA?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Flybe are growing on me as they continue to improve and loose their flymaybe reputation. It was great news when they decided to offer avios as flight rewards but the process of obtaining them seems to be very complicated and despite entering details on the flybe website have yet to see any avios appear. Wouldnt it be beneficial to all parties to be able to enter you BA executive card number number and get avios delivered directly to your BA account if you so wished and flybe flights bookabke via BA?
the deal flybe has is with avios.com not baec so as far as I am aware the avios can only be credited to avios.com
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I realise that but it is very poorly set up and hardly worth the effort
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by allturnleft
I realise that but it is very poorly set up and hardly worth the effort
Oh be fair, I flew LCY-EXT in June and earned 1 whole avios.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I flew a flybe flight last Christmas, my first since the start of their partnership with Avios. I entered by avios.com number at the time of booking, but after the flight nothing credited, so I waited until after the required 30 day waiting period then tried to submit an online claim, only to be told that as it was now beyond 40 days, I could not claim. That's right, there is just a 10 day window to claim missing avios for a flybe flight! Anyone who uses this system regularly must have a calendar full of reminders of what to claim when!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Airprox
I flew a flybe flight last Christmas, my first since the start of their partnership with Avios. I entered by avios.com number at the time of booking, but after the flight nothing credited, so I waited until after the required 30 day waiting period then tried to submit an online claim, only to be told that as it was now beyond 40 days, I could not claim. That's right, there is just a 10 day window to claim missing avios for a flybe flight! Anyone who uses this system regularly must have a calendar full of reminders of what to claim when!
From the "Claim missing Avios points on partner flights" page:

- Please wait 7 days from your date of travel before submitting a claim.
so I am not sure why you waited for 30 days?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by KARFA
From the "Claim missing Avios points on partner flights" page:

so I am not sure why you waited for 30 days?
Because we are talking about flybe posting avios to an avios.com account, not a BAEC partner flight.

From their e-mail at the time:

"Thank you for your email.
The correct way to claim on flights is to enter your Avios membership number before travel, you can enter your membership number at the time of booking or up until travel date.
As a gesture of goodwill we offer the 10 day window to claim if you have not entered your number prior to travel.
If you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
The Avios Team"
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Seems like IAG have hoodwinked Flybe into thinking they're going to get more custom, while this actually encourages Avios collectors to AVOID flying with Flybe!!!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Airprox
Because we are talking about flybe posting avios to an avios.com account, not a BAEC partner flight.

From their e-mail at the time:

"Thank you for your email.
The correct way to claim on flights is to enter your Avios membership number before travel, you can enter your membership number at the time of booking or up until travel date.
As a gesture of goodwill we offer the 10 day window to claim if you have not entered your number prior to travel.
If you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
The Avios Team"
Ah, good point. Sorry, I should have realised. Seem a bit crap then!

From avios.com as you say:
If you believe that you are due to be awarded Avios for a recent flight that have not been deposited to your account within 30 days of completing your Eligible Flybe Flight, you can contact the Flybe Customer Service team for investigation. You have up to 40 days from completing the Eligible Flybe Flight to query your Avios application. In the event that you do not make a claim within the specified period, any Avios that are not claimed will be lost.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:39 am

Do not trust flybe to issue any avios>

Flew with Flybe in July. Our Avios account numbers were already in our Flybe online accounts and were entered again on the booking. Four previous flights with them had credited OK so there is no issue there. Flybe confirm the Avios SHOULD have issued without problem automatically but for some technical reason at Flybe's end they did not. Despite this, because 40 days have passed since the return flight they say they cannot and will not issue any Avios. So they make the mistake but you lose out, and they appear to have no method of correcting, or any intention of correcting, an error on their behalf. I feel like I've spoken to everyone at Avios and at Flybe, and spent a day and a half being passed from pillar to post at my expense but Flybe refuse to right their wrong. They refused to give me their CEO's contact details but my life as a detective has unearthed it!
My email to him went off immediately. We shall see if even the CEO has no heart to put right their wrong.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 15, 2015 at 11:14 am Reason: Remove personal email address, as per FT rules
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by davott
Flew with Flybe in July.
Welcome to Flyertalk davott and welcome to the BA board. It's good to see you here and thanks for sharing that experience. They don't make it easy, you can't even start to complain to them about it until 30 days, and then at 40 days you are out of luck. If I was of a cynical mindset I would even suspect foul play! I did once fill in the webform on day 31 and they did credit some insignificant number of Avios within a day or two, emailing me to acknowledge receipt of the claim and then again to confirm that they had posted.

Keep posting davott and good luck with the CEO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.