Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The GF order menu may soon be gone forever

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: None anymore

I left GF 40 mins ago. I didn't see any menus, but my colleague who is still there confirms that they are there.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:34 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Out of idle curiosity is there anything at all (beyond not cook a sausage to your liking) that BA could do which you would perceive as negative and not the fault of passengers either individually or collectively?

Requiring droit de seigneur over each passengers wife? Requiring the lifelong servitude of first born children? Powering their planes by hundreds of third world children pedalling furiously?

I ask simply because I don't think I have ever seen you think anything reported here is a big deal, no matter how differently others think
Ah! now I am nor and never will be His Seigneur's Spokeswoman - but let us not confuse passengers and posters on this particular chatboard. Let us not confuse what others think and what others perceive.

What on earth does it matter if one voice actually perceives the problem as minor and the reactions as being out of all proportion to that particular problem? Maybe some people have other things to worry about than whether there are menus in some lounge in an airport somewhere in the world? It is possible that in the great scheme of his life he has seen real problems and does not perceive a lot of the dramas here as anything but that. Like me, he may have long ago realised that any enterprise run by human beings will have problems and failures. Maybe also he thinks that we all behave like spoilt brats when we don't get our way or what we expected for Christmas.

I said that I was not his spokesperson - but even with the , that was a tad sharp.

If HI does not get his Burger, I intend to throw a Richter scale tantrum. I will lie on the floor and scream and scream and scream. Teddies will be thrown from prams!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:47 am

A couple of friends of mine thought BA stopped the food order service in GF since the menus have disappeared.
So nowadays they just eat from the buffet and complain their gold status got devalued.
Similarly, I'd imagine there are many golds who think the menus don't exist anymore and don't bother asking, so the volume of food orders will go down during this "trial" period, although I have no idea what BA is trying to get out of this dumb trial thing.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA
I noticed this last week, which was annoying as I was travelling with a friend who hasn't memorised the menu.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Hmm, just noticed there are no menus to be seen in the FLounge. Will upset my son as he is partial to the burger.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

What on earth does it matter if one voice actually perceives the problem as minor and the reactions as being out of all proportion to that particular problem?
Quite right too. ^

If I was in charge of the F lounge I'd have the menu chalked up on a board on the wall....can you imagine the hoo-ha that would cause on here? Keep the menus for the CCR.

If there's a cost benefit to be had so what? I know PUCCI GALORE is not a fan of wee Willie and the cost saving culture he introduced but I suspect if it were not for him the airline would be in the same state Air France are in......up **** creek without a paddle.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, I did ask. It's a trial. They are trying to ascertain the level of demand from the regulars - who will ask for burgers regardless - and therefore to establish how much demand is grazing (not the words used). The menus will be back in a few week, I rather suspect. For the time being, as with champers in GC, you're free to ask (and research on FT). Messenger here only.
Thanks for the update CWS.

So the lesson seems to be: lets all keep asking for as many different things from the menu as often as we can especially over the next couple of weeks!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
If I was in charge of the F lounge I'd have the menu chalked up on a board on the wall....can you imagine the hoo-ha that would cause on here? Keep the menus for the CCR.
If you were in charge of the F lounge, there simply would not be an F lounge, as you seem to consider that it is 99.99% populated by chiselers or other low-life scroungers for whom tepid water scooped from puddles after the monsoon in the slums of Kolkata would be too good.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NickB
If you were in charge of the F lounge, there simply would not be an F lounge,
Mmmm, now what a cost saving that might be. Good thinking Nick. ^
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Hmm, just noticed there are no menus to be seen in the FLounge. Will upset my son as he is partial to the burger.
Just ask for one
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
we haven't noticed any change in the food, but certainly the lack of menus is very apparent. Easy solution for us is to take a look at the menu on here. I personally think the food and flounge are good (apart from when its busy).

For others tho, they are missing out.

A friend of mine turned gold a few months back and has been to the flounge quite a few times and until I told him last week about the menu he had no idea there was one.

But he did wonder why the servers were bringing food to others, but didn't care much as to why, as he travels for business and was too busy to find out.
You could have been describing me TBH... 2 years into gold and I really didn't realise there was a menu option, as the handful of times I've been in there it has been when I needed a more substantial brekkie than GN could offer, so I'd be straight to the buffet for a DIY full(ish) English...

If I now find out that I could have ordered Eggs Benedict, there will be hell to pay!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:45 pm

I was through on Sunday and assumed the lack of menus meant there was some kind of temporary operational problem meaning they weren't serving. I saw a total of two on one podium, and that's it... and I thought my search was reasonably thorough!

I would have enquired, but was more interested in checking out the disappointment of the Aspire lounge. Perhaps BA have seen that and decided they can drop their standards?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
If I was in charge of the F lounge I'd have the menu chalked up on a board on the wall....can you imagine the hoo-ha that would cause on here?
Me too, a genius suggestion that would solve all problems and assist hitting environmental targets simultaneously

Back in the real world, I really can't see them not having some sort of all day request menu as part of the GF product. It would be almost as ludicrous as not incorporating a GF lounge into the new developments at LGW
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

The menus are inside the podium.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Out of curiosity (not a leading question), how many of us or how many pax in general order from the menu?

I have never ordered anything from the menu whilst using GF since it opened and always assumed it's tiny proportion of people who order rather than use the buffet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.