Wiki Posts
Search

The GF order menu may soon be gone forever

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:14 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Out of idle curiosity is there anything at all (beyond not cook a sausage to your liking) that BA could do which you would perceive as negative and not the fault of passengers either individually or collectively?

Requiring droit de seigneur over each passengers wife? Requiring the lifelong servitude of first born children? Powering their planes by hundreds of third world children pedalling furiously?

I ask simply because I don't think I have ever seen you think anything reported here is a big deal, no matter how differently others think
That's HIDDY.
Although I find it rather shocking, he's Scottish, and I would have thought he would moan about bloody everything. As one of his ilk, I do.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rxfleming
That's HIDDY.
Although I find it rather shocking, he's Scottish, and I would have thought he would moan about bloody everything. As one of his ilk, I do.
As a Northerner who is a quarter Scot, I obviously share characteristics
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If posted anywhere else, people would be scratching their heads and saying - who still orders girlfriends from a menu?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If posted anywhere else, people would be scratching their heads and saying - who still orders girlfriends from a menu?
exactly!

read an article in Metro this morning on way to LCY saying that more than half of young people identify as neither straight nor gay so bring on the BF menus!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've just done a scoot around and I came across 4 menus. 1 in the terrace, one at the back of the refectory past the buffet, one by the pulpit at the WCs at the South end and one in the main southerly drag about half way along.

(And also just 4 copies of the Telegraph left, given it is 16:40 hrs BST. Much bigger stack in CCR, and GF normally has plenty up until lunchtime these days. Plenty of Independents and Times also available in both lounges plus the comics, just a few FTs and Wall Streets left).
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Four menus? Good Lord.

I thought there were 'loads'?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hugolover
Four menus? Good Lord.

I thought there were 'loads'?
I did draw the line at shifting passengers and their accoutrements around to make it a truly rigorous search - that may be unpopular in some quarters. Lounge manager denies it's being phased out, incidentally. And there are plenty of burgers flying around.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I did draw the line at shifting passengers and their accoutrements around to make it a truly rigorous search - that may be unpopular in some quarters. Lounge manager denies it's being phased out, incidentally. And there are plenty of burgers flying around.
Right OK. But we both know there used to be loads. Every table in the refractory had one, plenty dotted around the lounge, terrace, every table in the champagne bar as well. And you found four; there must be 50+ buried under pax's belongings and 'accoutrements'?

Did he mention why there are so few? Did you ask?

The facts speak for themselves and the comments of other FTers regarding availability and quality.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:18 am

And there are plenty of burgers flying around.
Are they serving them onboard again now?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Maybe there are just four menus because they feel ashamed of the quality of the food. I really can't see why they should have so little menus, one can't spend all of his time looking for one.

Last edited by themapelligroup; Aug 19, 2015 at 10:25 am
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Call me a cynic but it looks like the lounge staff are deliberately holding back menus so that in a few months they can stop any menu service since "there is no demand for it" as there won't be if no-one knows it exists.

I often like one of the GF menu dishes even when in the CCR as some can be more appealing.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Did he mention why there are so few? Did you ask?
Yes, I did ask. It's a trial. They are trying to ascertain the level of demand from the regulars - who will ask for burgers regardless - and therefore to establish how much demand is grazing (not the words used). The menus will be back in a few week, I rather suspect. For the time being, as with champers in GC, you're free to ask (and research on FT). Messenger here only.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, I did ask. It's a trial. They are trying to ascertain the level of demand from the regulars - who will ask for burgers regardless - and therefore to establish how much demand is grazing (not the words used). The menus will be back in a few week, I rather suspect. For the time being, as with champers in GC, you're free to ask (and research on FT). Messenger here only.
You state you're only a 'messenger' but would it have been so difficult to post that in your original reply instead of seemingly making the case that four menus seems to suggest that my premise is wrong and that there are likely many more buried under those 'accoutrements'. That is how your post came across.

Seemingly, I am right along with others who have posted here.

The burger will be asked for because its the only thing the pax know is always on there and the least worse option of a pile of xxx to be frank.

Champers has always been on request in GC.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It's a trial. They are trying to ascertain the level of demand from the regulars - who will ask for burgers regardless - and therefore to establish how much demand is grazing
That is so pathetic as to be beyond words. "Petty" and "ridiculous" are the nicest qualifications that I can come up with.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
we haven't noticed any change in the food, but certainly the lack of menus is very apparent. Easy solution for us is to take a look at the menu on here. I personally think the food and flounge are good (apart from when its busy).

For others tho, they are missing out.

A friend of mine turned gold a few months back and has been to the flounge quite a few times and until I told him last week about the menu he had no idea there was one.

But he did wonder why the servers were bringing food to others, but didn't care much as to why, as he travels for business and was too busy to find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.