Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

NBO................any improvements on the way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LOTS

Is there any news about a new international terminal which BA will be using at NBO? I've tried contacting KAA without success.

I am aware that KQ have a new terminal but still shudder at my experience of checking in last year for NBO-LHR on BA, plus the inconvenience of there being no lounge.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The latest reports from June can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-f-lounge.html
Sounds like end of the year for the terminal.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

That statement doesn't sound too positive. Obviously working on "African" time. I think that I'll give it at least another 12 months before I plan another safari.

Thanks for the update Jerry.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Not that I am in any way a "BA apologist", but one advantage of the current NBO set up as I recall from last year is that there is an area set aside right at the gate where there are some snacks and booze so it's not a long stagger to the plane!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:35 am
Original Poster

there are some snacks and booze so it's not a long stagger to the plane!
Yes, I've used that & felt the daggers of hate from those in economy & WT+ as I sipped my large G&T.

The other downside is that there are no toilets & at my advanced years that is most essential! Having to exit & then having to go through security again is a real pain.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:10 am

I would have thought the end of year was extremely optimistic.

The Star Alliance area is largely complete and work is continuing around the horseshoe, I haven't seen the plans but it is all moving quite slowly.

The other thing is that the quality of work isn't great and me wonder how long it will all look pristine.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
The new area is being built at the usual breakneck speed

The area in front of it was looking very pretty last week, apparently an american gentleman of Kenyan extraction had visited a few days before and there was much "prettyfication" all around

The BA lounge remained unchanged from the previous reports from myself and others. I only looked through the windows this time as I was heading down to my EK flight - BA being particularly expensive again and I voted for an F suite instead of WTP overnight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.