Search

1st Nov is D day for LGW CM and Pursers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques

It seems that LGW have now been told what is happening with the combined CM Purser role.
I am hearing bad things about pay cuts and dreadful MF like contracts.
Most of the senior crew are not interested in the new role and it's just the newer lower cost crew who can afford to take on the new role.
I hope this isn't true, hopefully Yesitsme will be able to give us more information?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Unfortunately CIHY, staff are only a commodity with a lot of companies nowerdays, the perceived 'glamour' of the job unfortunately leaves you open to exploitation. It is telling that companies now have Human Resources departments rather than Personnel departments; you are deemed a company resource rather than a person.

Last edited by kanderson1965; Jul 31, 2015 at 1:56 am
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yesitsme isn't ready to post yet.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think that quite honestly BA is absolutely sick to be doing this - given the record profits announced, shares being bought by the filthy rich Qataris and the salary of Piggy Walsh.

They don't seem to think normal people need to live - which isn't doable on their terms!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:40 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Unfortunately CIHY, staff are only a commodity with a lot of companies nowerdays, the percieved 'glamour' of the job unfortunately leaves you open to exploitation. It is telling that companies now have Human Resources departments rather than Personnel departments; you are deemed a company resource rather than a person.
This.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
When I heard about IAG profits, I asked the OH how much would trickle down to pax and staff ... we both laughed, in an ironic manner.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
When I heard about IAG profits, I asked the OH how much would trickle down to pax and staff ... we both laughed, in an ironic manner.
I'm thinking PRETZELS
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:27 pm

I'm not quite sure what, and especially how much to say. I'm still utterly gobsmacked and dejected about the latest developments. Seniors were supposed to have 3 choices (CSM, Main Crew or VR) but now it seems the only option is to take CSM on a reduced pay scale or just leave altogether. People are in danger of having to sell their houses as the reduced pay won't pay the mortgage. It's all very scary and depressing, not to mention demotivating considering the pay rises higher management have had and how much profit the company is making.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
I'm not quite sure what, and especially how much to say. I'm still utterly gobsmacked and dejected about the latest developments. Seniors were supposed to have 3 choices (CSM, Main Crew or VR) but now it seems the only option is to take CSM on a reduced pay scale or just leave altogether. People are in danger of having to sell their houses as the reduced pay won't pay the mortgage. It's all very scary and depressing, not to mention demotivating considering the pay rises higher management have had and how much profit the company is making.
What is the reduced pay scale that won't pay what mortgage - in numbers?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:08 pm
Suspended

I genuinely feel sorry for the staff that are affected by this. It is not right, but this is the problem when you work for a large corporation in today's world. The same thing is happening to public services in the UK as well.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It's very sad. I think ba is miss the fact that motivation and enthusiasm have a value too and that unhappy people will always cost to the company's image, service, and productivity at the end even when not consciously doing anything different.

I think this symbolises the current ba management ethos very well: short term ist and arrogant, and taking everyone for granted.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PropWasher
Not only would your question be impossible to answer technically for Yesitsme (it's not as though there was a single salary point before and the way people's income will most certainly not be universal among them) but you are asking him for something he'd most likely breach his contract answering as most companies have clauses that treat salary as confidential.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:23 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite

Are they unionised at LGW? If so I assume they'll all be going on strike then... These seem like unfair changes.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Following the shambles around the ground staffing when they let too many (good) people go I am surprised at this..... Thought they would have learned their lesson.

not good for staff (or passengers) and doesn't reflect the level of flexibility worked to cover the mess at the moment. If it can happen at Gatwick, it can happen at LHR.
Time for an en-mass walk out or resignations?
If they can reduce staff terms like this, what is their to stop them doing it again? And again?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by PropWasher
I'm not going to go into great detail, but some of us are looking at losing £10K per year. That would impact on someone's mortgage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.