Wiki Posts
Search

Class X - Possible to Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Silver, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott- lifetime Gold
Class X - Possible to Upgrade?

Apologies if this is covered in an existing thread, performed a quick search but couldn't see this topic.

I've booked Avios reward flights from LHR- JFK for October in WT. Is it possible to cash upgrade these to WT+?

Through the Manage My Booking section, 'upgrade this flight with money' is an option but when I select this it informs me that I need to call BA.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
What type of upgrade is it that you are trying to make? If it is a 'Special Offer' upgrade (what we term a 'POUG') that you have seen in MMB then that should be possible. It is is an Avios upgrade, then yes there is a way around that (subject to P class availability). If you are just trying to buy a 'fare difference' upgrade then this is not normally possible.

The best way to find out is to call BA and see what they have to say about the possibility and the cost.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Note you won't get Avios or TPs for a special offer-upgraded redemption booking.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:51 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by pastie321
Apologies if this is covered in an existing thread, performed a quick search but couldn't see this topic.

I've booked Avios reward flights from LHR- JFK for October in WT. Is it possible to cash upgrade these to WT+?

Through the Manage My Booking section, 'upgrade this flight with money' is an option but when I select this it informs me that I need to call BA.
Since you do not have a revenue fare, MMB cannot calculate a cash upgrade price since there is no cash price to begin with.

If there is award availability in WTP/CW/F you can of course change your booking paying the change fee and difference in avios/Ł's, this can be on your existing flight or any other flight.

You may be offered a discount cash upgrade in MMB at any point or during OLCI, and can enquire about a discount cash upgrade at the airport. Both of these will not earn avios/TP's.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is is an Avios upgrade, then yes there is a way around that (subject to P class availability)
Although note that it is not strictly an upgrade, but rather a booking class change and ticket re-issue.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nux
... Although note that it is not strictly an upgrade, but rather a booking class change and ticket re-issue.
Hence the '... then yes there is a way around that ...'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.