Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe R & I Class leisure fares changeable from 27 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Mandarin Fan Club,, Belmond Bellini Club, Traveller Made

Hi All

Long time lurker here, (thank you for all the amazing advice and tips)!

Please forgive me if this has already been posted. I understand that for reservations made from Monday in Club Europe that I & R Class will now allow changes for Ł100.00. I know this will help me and hope it will help you.

Wishing you a great weekend ahead.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
First I've heard but welcome to FT and the BA board DWLondon. Glad you have found this board a useful resource.

Stick around!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Welcome to FT, DWLondon!

Thanks for the news, which could be good.

Please let us know your source.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk, DWLondon, welcome to the BA Forum, and now that you have started to post, it would be even better if you could continue to do so. Welcome on board.

These fares, including those that involve the so-called "Saturday night rule", currently are totally inflexible - no refunds, no changes. I've just checked a dummy booking and that remains the current situation. One can imagine why, they are often below half the usual business fare. So if we are going to be allowed the Ł100 change fee that is indeed an attractive feature. Thank you for posting, I think you may have a scoop on that one.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Mandarin Fan Club,, Belmond Bellini Club, Traveller Made
Thank you all for such a warm welcome.

I had sight of an email from BA today advising this would be the case from Monday 27th July for all new reservations. It states that change fee will be Ł100 or €130.

I have often avoided I & R before as the penalty was 100%. Hopefully this will save some cash as I can avoid the higher fares.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks DWLondon.

I look forward to seeing the official confirmation with the details shortly!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
What an actual enhancement to CE rather than a "BA enhancement"????

And the meal I had this week was actually rather good. What is happening???
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by DWLondon
I understand that for reservations made from Monday in Club Europe that I & R Class will now allow changes for Ł100.00.
will this including downgrades to the Y exit row for the leg room when row 1 can't be secured?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
First I've heard of it. Source?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:55 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by Worcester
What an actual enhancement to CE rather than a "BA enhancement"????
I wouldn't be surprised if they enhanced the fare to go along with increased flexibility.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:58 pm

Link from Head for Points:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/07...hester-vienna/
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
For clarity, this is not a rumour - it has been formally announced to the trade and goes live on Monday.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
What an entrance and welcome DWLondon!

Ł100 is not bad. I'm sure BA knows what is it doing by adding flexibility to an otherwise inflexible ticket

H
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Sadly still not showing when trying to book online, I still get the non-flex rules. Hopefully this will update soon.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by DWLondon
Sadly still not showing when trying to book online, I still get the non-flex rules. Hopefully this will update soon.
You are clearly not in the UK as it was not yet 27th July, launch day, when you typed this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.