Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW - BZE availability 'disappeared'?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Question DFW - BZE availability 'disappeared'?

I'm hoping someone can help me understand something.
A few weeks ago I was looking to book 4 Avios rewards tickets from DFW to BZE on Feb 1, 2016 and returning Feb 14, 2016. There was plenty of availability on those and several other dates (I was using BAs website, and it was showing flights would be on AA).
I went back today to book, and now there is no availability on those or any other dates.
I understand that availability changes daily, but I have a hard time believing that EVERY award ticket (I even searched for single ticket availability) between Jan and June of 2016 is booked.
I started looking at other destinations (I don't really care WHERE we go - just somewhere warm early next year), and there is now NO reward tickets available between Jan and June of next year.
It's almost like the AA availability feed from AA to BA is not working correctly.
I found plenty of sAAver reward tickets on AA's site. I then called BA and asked about those specific flights, and was told nothing is available.
I thought that any sAAver flight on AA should show up on BA's site? As of right now, there are MilesAAver awards showing up on AA's site for Feb 1 to Feb 14, but nothing on BA's site.
Please help!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
That'll be the gremlins:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ing-today.html

It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. Yes, it's a real pain in the you know what!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Ah, that's why it is showing no availability out of GCM all year. Here's me thinking everyone was going to be trapped on island

Missed the above thread, so thank you.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Thank you! That makes me feel a bit better than maybe the availability will come back!^
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by miller4isu
Thank you! That makes me feel a bit better than maybe the availability will come back!^
Don't worry, I don't think it means that the actually availability has gone, it's just not showing on Ba.com right now. If, like you suggested, it's time to book, just phone the BA team and hopefully they should be able to help.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Don't worry, I don't think it means that the actually availability has gone, it's just not showing on Ba.com right now. If, like you suggested, it's time to book, just phone the BA team and hopefully they should be able to help.
The problem is that it seems even they don't always see the availability! It's a bit of a mess really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.