Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I friend sit with me (he's in a different class)

Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

Hey,

Me and my partner are travelling to NYC in Club this Christmas. Can't wait! A friend has just suggested they want to go. They can only afford Premium Economy sadly (cash). Are they able to join us for a drink or two up front, or is that frowned upon :S ? Even worse, me and my partner have seen space available in First and are tempted to move one up. Would they be able to join us in first. Sadly, there is no award seats available in Club. If we move up, would our award seats become available?

Many thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Your friend would not be able to visit you if you were seated in CW, if you travel in First they could come up for a short spell and join you for a drink.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond

Unfortunately your friends will not be able to join you in Club World as there is no place for your friend to sit.

There is a drop down stool; but that won't hold the weight of a person.

In first class; your friends can join for a drink after meal service has been completed and at the discretion of the staff.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is no space for your friend to sit in Club ( the footstool cannot be used as a seat).

If you moved to First then your friends could join you in F for a drink for a short while if you ask the crew ( after the meal service). However is subject to crew approval.

If you move to F your CW reward seats may or may not become available again for rewards ( if BA think they can sell the seats they will not be made available for rewards)

Regards

TBS

PS Too slow at typing!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
More importantly as a Bronze you will not be able to guest your friends into a lounge, if you fly F you will be able to guest them into the Concorde room, where you can all eat and share a few champagnes pre flight
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:55 pm

Perhaps the tickets are refundable and you can check to see if Aeroflot or another airline that often has very competitive price your journey has something available and you can all fly in business class. Aeroflot on the 777 in business class is certainly a better premium experience than BA CW with exception of Galleries lounges. If Aeroflot did a redesign of SVO lounges along the lines of BA Galleries or LH Senator it wouldn't be a contest on any level.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Zalmistinks
Perhaps the tickets are refundable and you can check to see if Aeroflot or another airline that often has very competitive price your journey has something available and you can all fly in business class. Aeroflot on the 777 in business class is certainly a better premium experience than BA CW with exception of Galleries lounges. If Aeroflot did a redesign of SVO lounges along the lines of BA Galleries or LH Senator it wouldn't be a contest on any level.
nice idea but LR-Jfk via SVO would be a rather long way around
the Uk-New York market is very premium price orientated so I guess the OP would struggle to get a J seat for a W price.
Such a shame theres no buddy seat for your friend, maybe you should try having a few pre flight drinks together in a T5 outlet, as it seems as Bronze you can't even guest him/her into the GC lounge
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Perhaps your friend could look at ex-EU pricing in CW? It may well be very close in price to an ex-UK WT+ ticket.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:54 pm

Does Kuwait Airways updated its business class product with lie flats? I see some references to what appear to be updated cirrus type seats on the 777. If the seats are updated and you and your friends dont care about alcoholic beverages for 7 hours check out Kuwait nonstop LHR to JFK. Great food and with new flat seats would certainly upstage BA CW for around 1500 USD return.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:03 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Perhaps your friend could look at ex-EU pricing in CW? It may well be very close in price to an ex-UK WT+ ticket.
Note the OP lives in County Kerry [No longer part of the UK] so they are already likely to be in EU Level Fares...well until IAG buy EI.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
you and your friends dont care about alcoholic beverages for 7 hours
Blasphemy!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Does Kuwait Airways updated its business class product with lie flats? I see some references to what appear to be updated cirrus type seats on the 777. If the seats are updated and you and your friends dont care about alcoholic beverages for 7 hours check out Kuwait nonstop LHR to JFK. Great food and with new flat seats would certainly upstage BA CW for around 1500 USD return.
LOL... we have the choice of BAs oldest 747s or Kuwait Airways to LHR... nobody chooses Kuwait Airways, including the Kuwaiti's!!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:11 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Note the OP lives in County Kerry [No longer part of the UK] so they are already likely to be in EU Level Fares...well until IAG buy EI.
OP is London based..
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
LOL... we have the choice of BAs oldest 747s or Kuwait Airways to LHR... nobody chooses Kuwait Airways, including the Kuwaiti's!!
Well if price was an issue and Kuwait had the new business class product rumored it could be worth it depending on their needs.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I don't understand why is there an absolute need for anyone to move into another cabin just for a drink. Is it so because you can show your friend that you're in a better seat than them? Can't you just wait till you arrive at your destination and then go and drink all you want?

I much prefer Singapore Airlines where no one can join anyone in First Class for anything unless you were seated there. Of course, the two of you can just go hang out with your friend in economy. Now that's an idea. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.