Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using Air Berlin Sapphire status for free baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:36 am
Original Poster

I booked a flight from Amsterdam to London for my wife and I a few months ago. To keep luggage costs down I booked and paid only item of baggage.

Since then I got Gold status with Air Berlin, equivalent to BA silver/Oneworld sapphire.

Question is: do I now get one or two additional free items of baggage? If two can I actually ring BA and cancel the paid baggage (refund?) and we just check-in our items using my card status? How does this work when I come to check-in online?

Sorry about the dumb questions - it's the first time I've been able to do this. I've got other flights where I've paid for baggage so if I can get refunds that'd be great.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by colin_thames
I booked a flight from Amsterdam to London for my wife and I a few months ago. To keep luggage costs down I booked and paid only item of baggage.
I'm not sure what you're saying here, and it might help others who know what the rules are.

Did you buy a hand baggage-only fare, and then pay for one? two? pieces of checked baggage?

Or did you buy a normal fare (which comes with one included checked bag per person) and then pay extra for more pieces of checked baggage?

And how many checked bags do you want to take in total?

I think that I know the answer in at least one situation: If you bought a hand baggage-only fare, then your Sapphire status does not get you any free baggage allowance on that fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.