Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Masters Thesis Study, help requested : Which loyalty benefits do you value the most?

Masters Thesis Study, help requested : Which loyalty benefits do you value the most?

Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

Thanks for all your responses. The survey is now closed.

Dear FTers

Have you ever felt that the frequent flyer benefits airlines provide aren't tailored to your needs?

I'm doing a study for my Master thesis to gain consumer insight into what frequent flyers value and expect from a frequent flyer program. Having been an FT member for 6 years, I've seen the depth of knowledge and variation in opinions on these forums, and would like your input!

If you have status with BA, please spend 5 - 10 minutes responding to this survey. In exchange I'm happy to share my findings with you, so please post on the thread once you have completed it.

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2203792/LoyaltyPrograms

Many thanks in advance for your participation
ung1

Last edited by ung1; Sep 21, 2015 at 3:23 am
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Happy to assist ung1

For clarification on q11 relating to "guaranteed paid seat reservation", I understood this to mean Reservation Assurance (BA's parlance) ensuring a seat in full fare Y even where the flight is full.

Very polished and well thought out questionnaire. Best of luck with the thesis.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Happy to assist ung1

For clarification on q11 relating to "guaranteed paid seat reservation", I understood this to mean Reservation Assurance (BA's parlance) ensuring a seat in full fare Y even where the flight is full.

Very polished and well thought out questionnaire. Best of luck with the thesis.
Your assumption was correct - I've updated the question with an example.

Thank you!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Completed!

I look forward to seeing your conclusions.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Completed. I wouldn't of bothered for a new sign up but happy to help for someone with 4k posts.

Not sure I got Q22, I guess you are trying to compare which is more important when redeeming flights but there seemed too many options. There were several options on 80% availability and $400 fees, why would anyone choose to the more miles option?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Done. Wasn't sure about the Hon Circle vs BA Gold and others as a level comparison, but an interesting set of questions nonetheless. Will be interested to learnt the outcome.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Filled it in...

I think you 'forgot' one aspect: I don't have status with BA (alone), I have status in OneWorld. I cannot judge (or compare) the value of the BA status without taking their partners into account.

The question about service disruption for instance was tough, because I have excellent experiences with CX due to my BA Gold status and flying their F class. Does that count towards the value I place on the BA membership or is this OW ?

Maybe you should include the importance of the alliance ? Just a thought.

Good luck !
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Completed - Q22 was quite interesting in balancing mileage costs, fees and seats available.

Best of luck with the thesis.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Completed. I wouldn't of bothered for a new sign up but happy to help for someone with 4k posts.
I have the same feelings here

survey completed and look forward to hearing some of the conclusions
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Dan Air lifetime Gold
Started doing this then stopped as I don't think it's giving an accurate picture of my personal opinion:

For example, It asks to rank the following:

Non-Mileage (waived fees, partner discounts, extra checked luggage, guaranteed revenue seat

Non-tangible (priority ground services, lounge access, priority seating, gift status)

Mileage (tier bonus, partner earn and redeem, purchase and transfer miles, upgrade vouchers)

Unpublished (operational upgrades, personal welcome, blocked seat, amenity from higher class, invitations to events)

However I think at least two of them are just as important as each other - but the survey doesn't give that option so isn't a true reflection of my opinion
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Just done it but found a number of questions difficult to understand.

e.g. Q18 - No idea what you are looking for! It is 1500 to get Gold. So I have to fly enough to get 1500 points. Now how much I would be willing to fly? Well if I could do it in as few flights as possible that would be great, but that is highly dependent in what comes up at work and what I happen to do on a personal basis each year. Or you asking whether I would want to hit Gold for less flights? Of course, wouldn't anyone?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I got thrown orf after saying I was a Blue. Why bother including it?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
+1
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:52 am

Same - glad to help a regular.

Good survey. Liked Q22.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sorry Ung,

Not a serious enough BAEC / FTer to understand all the terminology. I got to about question 10 before giving up - I wouldn't have been answering accurately, just guessing at what it is you want.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.