Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:17 pm

WT to WTP

WT to WTP LHR-HKG 11 JUNE
WT to WTP SIN-LHT 18 JUNE

Given I paid Ł300 I cannot complain!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
First time I can recall getting a BA upgrade - wondering if my recent ascension to Gold had anything to do with it...?

Last night - BA32 from HKG to LHR. Had booked (and even checked in) with a WT+ seat. When I got to the gate for boarding, my pass was taken and a CW seat number scribbled on instead. I checked in quite late, and noted that all WT+ seats seemed to have been allocated (mine was already reserved at time of booking).

Even though I paid Ł1200 for the WT+ seats (booked very late notice, for family reasons), the bump up to CW was unexpected and very welcome...
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
WT to WTP, BA 2239 LGW-LIM today, 25/06.

Happened at the check in desk, or rather found out at the check in desk as the app was still showing the WT exit rows seats 60 mins before.

Nice start to our holiday!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
ET to CE on LHR-DUB, and I had row 12 exit seat selected... (though half of row 1 to myself was better, much quicker exit at DUB)
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Thursday, AMS-LHR, ET to CE on a reward ticket. While boarding I showed my Iphone boarding pass and was given a paper boarding pas which I didn't really read as assumed it would be nothing new and I knew where I was sitting anyway..
Long story short, I was sitting in my originally assigned seat and a member of cabin crew came to tell me that I should actually be sitting somewhere else and that happened to be in CE. No idea what the reason was..
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
I got my second ever BA upgrade this week (first one was 17 years ago heading off on honeymoon)

SEA - LHR BA052 Sunday the 25th WT+ to CW - was called to the desk in the SeaTac lounge.

What a difference that makes to a 9+ hour flight - I managed a good 6 hours of solid sleep. This made the following 3 hour layover and 8.5 hour flight to Mumbai much less unpleasant. ;-)
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
J-F at gate on LHR-SEA last Monday. Then J-F again on the return leg couple days later.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Got my first ever BA upgrade this week

LCA - LHR BA0663 Sunday the 2nd ET to CE x2 passengers. Sat in the lounge checking the app and a pleasant surprise when it refreshed to show a seat change for both Mrs D & I.

Was a very full flight with some passengers who had missed the earlier LGW flight. Nice old CE seats on the 767 with a most pleasant meal of Prawns, cod with Wasabi Mash and a lovely chocolaty desert.

A very delighted couple indeed for the 4.5 hour trip.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Most welcome magic beep at gate, handy given it's a one way avios redemption and doubling back at JER for a JER-LGW-AGP return TP run...

ET to CE
LGW-JER
BA2774
3rd July
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Avios redemption BOS-LHR-DUB all in Y on sat/sun 3rd July

BOS-LHR: WT-WT+ and
LHR-DUB: ET-CE

Checked app 2 hrs before flight and noticed seat changes for both at that time.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
After flying back and forth between Berlin and LCY about once a week for the whole of this year, I finally got a gate upgrade from ET to CE last Thursday.

My smugness was short-lived, however, as it looked like a lot of passengers got a similar upgrade on that exceptionally full flight: there were 12 passengers in CE, compared to the one or two I see most weeks.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:53 am

First flight as a Silver member and I got a bump up to CE from ET on the early LGW-BCN flight on the 4th July. Noticed my seat allocation had changed on the walk from the lounge to the gate. Queried with the gate staff and they confirmed it. No new boarding pass.

The plane was PACKED, seat map showed zero free seats in ET. Checking a couple of days out showed very few seats had been allocated so I'm guessing not that many status passengers on that flight.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:59 am

ET to CE on BA1448 (LHR-EDI) on July 9. Poetic justice was done as originally I was in 1A and then sent to the back when CE was introduced on domestic routes
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GCH
3 PAX all upgraded.
WT-WTP listed >24hrs before flight.
WTP-CW at checkin.
1st July. SJO-LGW

Very much welcomed on an 11hr overnight flight.
It seems WT was seriously oversold; upgrades were being given out like candy at the gate.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
dupe remark

Last edited by LCSinTexas; Jul 11, 2017 at 7:45 am Reason: dupe remark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.