So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Wowser! I would have expected there to be be a widget in FLY that would prevent a passenger receiving a 3 cabin op-up, but this is great to see. I would probably have pinched myself. Continuously throughout the flight.
Considering my ticket was 320 return, plus I paid 120 to upgrade to WTP on the 787 on the way there, nice cabin.

Believe me I was amazed
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
My very first upgrade on BA ever and only my second ever upgrade despite over 1,000 hours in the air...

EuroTraveller to Club Europe on DUB-LCY on Saturday morning. I enjoyed the breakfast, it has to be said. Not bad since I was on an O class hand baggage only fare that cost me €49! At least one other person was upgraded as well.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
First time BA as GGL - ET>CE to CDG this morning - happy

EDIT - even happier Aircraft mid haul A321 lovely crew up front too on the 306 this morning

Last edited by our_kid; Mar 27, 2017 at 1:40 am
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Today going LHR-ARN, app changed when I left lounge. Upgraded ET-->CE. Hopefully this won't kill my chances on my remaining long haul flights, but who knows how this mysterious system works... Flight jam packed, even got a text and email offering to check my carry on free of charge.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
First time as a Gold

LAX-LHR on March 29th WTP --> CW

Done at airport check-in: "Sir, they have changed your seat".
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Upgraded when boarding from ET to CE on BA393 BRU-LHR yesterday.

Full flight, OW Emerald via IB Plus. Quite surprised as this was a very cheap ticket.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
First ever upgrade! ET to CE on tonight's LGW-EDI. There are 4 rows of CE but only 3 pax including me. Giddy as a kipper at being upgraded
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Third CW > F in 3 months, this time on BOM>LHR - I've definitely used up all my credit now!
Hard sell at check-in to see if I wanted to pay, but 500 didn't seem worth it for me. Refreshed the app in the lounge and 16K had turned into 4A. Very much appreciated after a long and tiring 2 week work trip to India.

Pilot37
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Yesterday- WTP to CW, very nice indeed as we had travelled directly from a nightclub for our 7:55am flight !
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Third CW > F in 3 months, this time on BOM>LHR - I've definitely used up all my credit now!
Hard sell at check-in to see if I wanted to pay, but 500 didn't seem worth it for me. Refreshed the app in the lounge and 16K had turned into 4A. Very much appreciated after a long and tiring 2 week work trip to India.

Pilot37
I got the hard sell at check in also last week at BOM and the flight was pretty empty.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
ET-CE on this morning's CPH-LHR. First revenue flight as Gold. Flight was packed and everyone I saw in the lounge was also in CE so I assume there were few status passengers. When I looked on ExpertFlyer in the morning there were 2 seats in Club blocked but in the end all were used.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Two in a week CW > F. Long may it continue.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
BREAKING NEWS......

OP here and today was the day.. He shoots - he scores and for the first time ever my OH and I were upgraded and currently sitting in the T5 First lounge on route to LAX. Was in Club this morning and got an app notice that I was now in First..

On a 241 amex avios flight.. Its my lucky day so gonna have a bet on the Grand National..

Good things do happen eventually...
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
BREAKING NEWS......

OP here and today was the day.. He shoots - he scores and for the first time ever my OH and I were upgraded and currently sitting in the T5 First lounge on route to LAX. Was in Club this morning and got an app notice that I was now in First..

On a 241 amex avios flight.. Its my lucky day so gonna have a bet on the Grand National..

Lovely long trip to get an upgrade to F on, and given it's usually a very busy F route - a really treat!
Enjoy!!!

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Apr 9, 2017 at 12:50 am
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
BREAKING NEWS......

And longhaul 241 Avios fliers in overbooked J cabin are worried about downgrades !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.