Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Card - Can you guest in ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
The rule is that CCR holders can use the CCR with one guest, whatever class of travel, and GGL members (not just CCR card holders) travelling in F can take two guests.
That is incorrect. The CCR is specifically excluded from the two guest rule for GGL. You may get away with two guests as a CCR card holder in F but this just isn't allowed in the rules. Likewise you may get away with this as a non-CCR GGL in F, but it isn't permitted.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Concorde Room Card - Can you guest in ?

Funny, but the link above doesn't work for me. It asks me to log in and then shows nothing once it's established I'm just a bog standard Gold.

Illuminati!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by paul4040
Funny, but the link above doesn't work for me. It asks me to log in and then shows nothing once it's established I'm just a bog standard Gold.

Illuminati!
It says:

Whenever you’re travelling with British Airways, either for business or leisure, you can invite two guests to join you in our relaxing departure lounges (excluding the Concorde room).
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
That is incorrect. The CCR is specifically excluded from the two guest rule for GGL. You may get away with two guests as a CCR card holder in F but this just isn't allowed in the rules. Likewise you may get away with this as a non-CCR GGL in F, but it isn't permitted.
I'll leave you with this little nugget of wisdom...

Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:15 am

I stand corrected! Yet another error on the website then...
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci

I know this thread is a couple of months old but I still find that guide very interesting- thanks FM. I learnt a few things, that I didn't know, that I think are suggested:

1. The second GGL guest must be travelling on a BA flight (the first can be any oneworld)
2. CCR guests have to be on BA flights (obvious at T5 (but what about Iberia?) but in JFK I suppose it means no CCR guesting of CX passengers)
3. The GGL 2 guest privilege only applies to BA flights (i.e. you couldn't use it if travelling F in AA out of T3)

It looks like somebody has taken quite a bit of care mapping-out the scenarios for the lounge guardians, I suppose there are other pages in the manual for blue, bronze and silver and I wonder if the oneworld equivalents and premiers also get their own pages?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by crazy8534
It looks like somebody has taken quite a bit of care mapping-out the scenarios for the lounge guardians, I suppose there are other pages in the manual for blue, bronze and silver and I wonder if the oneworld equivalents and premiers also get their own pages?
There are other pages for other scenarios including Prems, BA Board executives, Qantas' CCR equivalent (they don't into CCR now) and what not. I think the oneworlds are just read across (Emerald=Gold and so on). Iberia at T5 is being treated as BA at least informally. The boarding pass situation there gets very complicated because various scenarios can come up, not least IB can operate a BA prime flight anyway.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:07 pm

Out of interest, what are the published restrictions on Premiers? I'm a little surprised there are any given how few travel through per day - even if they brought 5 guests in it wouldn't have much of an impact, and presumably invaluable in goodwill.

I did notice a rather fascinating document on the door one day at GC (something like "Lounge Pre Booked Exemption List" or something) - which made reference to a premier (as well as people being let in due to flight delays and various people allowed to bring their family in), so perhaps it's all negotiable with Special Services to those who Need To Know...
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
You plus one guest. All CCR cardholders are necessarily GGLs.
I know of at least two exceptions [not including Prems]

Last edited by Calchas; Aug 9, 2015 at 6:42 am
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I know of at least two exceptions [not including Prems]
Ok: all CCR cardholders who have their card through flying are also necessarily GGLs. How do your two exceptions have the card? Presumably a corporate deal where a certain number of cards get thrown in?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
I am about to get a CCR card for the first time as a result of my first ever miles run, on which I dragged my husband. I am not looking forward to telling him that he cannot be guested into the CCR with me when we're not flying first. So may I please ask more frequent users than I whether it is fairly certain that one non CCR holding guest of a CCR holder is allowed in the sacred room?

I only ask because of this in these BA ts and cs where, sb vb "Concorde Room Card" it says:-

Originally Posted by BA Ts and Cs

2. Only the member named on the card may use it (no guest access allowed) or quote the membership number. Cards are not transferable in any circumstances.
(my emphasis)

Whereas elsewhere on the website, backed by experience in this thread, seems to be in favour of at least one guest. It seems the terms need updating or the rest of the site does, or I have misread something
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hsmall
. It seems the terms need updating or the rest of the site
You can definitely guest on the CCR card, but it was changed from a no-guest rule some 3 or 4 years ago. So indeed the terms need updating, and you are ok. Welcome to the white noise of CCR.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can definitely guest on the CCR card, but it was changed from a no-guest rule some 3 or 4 years ago. So indeed the terms need updating, and you are ok. Welcome to the white noise of CCR.
Thank you very much indeed. I do hope to meet you there at some point.And divorce no longer looms after LHR-DUB-LHR-HEL-LHR-DUB in just over 24 hours :-)
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Apologies for slighting diverting the thread.

We will be flying on an afternoon flight and have friends whose flight is at least four or more hours later.

Are we likely to have any issues getting them into the CCR because there is such a time difference and will they be expected to leave when we do?

Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
No, you'll be fine to guest them. In theory, they should leave when you do. In practice, not so much of an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.