Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
woo, I'm in the top 0.4%! Subscribed to silver.

I'd love to see support for VS bookings.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by MyFlights App
can you forward me the alert you got ([email protected]) and I'll look into it?
Done, much appreciated!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:32 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Originally Posted by florens
Done, much appreciated!
So this is interesting.

Last night it appears that Amadeus was having a little wobble, as another user received alerts saying that their bookings didn't exist. When I look at their logs, Amadeus's data feed clearly said on 3 separate occasions that the booking didn't exist, so alerted them, but when I tried this morning it as OK again.

The booking I looked at for you, when I check this morning, Amadeus really doesn't think you're on the booking any more. Are you definitely sure it's all OK? Does it appear in Check My Trip?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
So this is interesting.

Last night it appears that Amadeus was having a little wobble, as another user received alerts saying that their bookings didn't exist. When I look at their logs, Amadeus's data feed clearly said on 3 separate occasions that the booking didn't exist, so alerted them, but when I tried this morning it as OK again.

The booking I looked at for you, when I check this morning, Amadeus really doesn't think you're on the booking any more. Are you definitely sure it's all OK? Does it appear in Check My Trip?
I received two of these email overnight, one QR and one BA booking. Checking the app and the carriers' websites it all looks fine. Shall I forward the emails?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

So this is interesting.

Yes it does and on ba.com it is all okay too.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by zat_dude
I received two of these email overnight, one QR and one BA booking. Checking the app and the carriers' websites it all looks fine. Shall I forward the emails?
Please do. It looks like Amadeus' systems were having issues last night as they seem to have said bookings didn't exist around midnight last night.

For reference, regardless of level of status, if a booking isn't found by Amadeus, my flights will check again 1 hour later. If it's not found again, it will check 1 further time an hour after that. If it's still not found on that third time, it considers that it's been removed from Amadeus (e.g. due to cancellation).

I've added a fourth check an hour later now (so it'll check 4 times over a period of 3 hours rather than 3 times over a period of 2 hours), but it's not that Amadeus is not responding, it's specifically saying that the booking can't be found.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Please do. It looks like Amadeus' systems were having issues last night as they seem to have said bookings didn't exist around midnight last night.

For reference, regardless of level of status, if a booking isn't found by Amadeus, my flights will check again 1 hour later. If it's not found again, it will check 1 further time an hour after that. If it's still not found on that third time, it considers that it's been removed from Amadeus (e.g. due to cancellation).

I've added a fourth check an hour later now (so it'll check 4 times over a period of 3 hours rather than 3 times over a period of 2 hours), but it's not that Amadeus is not responding, it's specifically saying that the booking can't be found.
Could it be related to the cyber attacks?

There was indeed an amadeus outage:

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/amade...-system-466788
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by florens
Could it be related to the cyber attacks?

There was indeed an amadeus outage:

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/amade...-system-466788
That'll be it - it doesn't look like they were hit by a cyber attack (according to the article), but that outage will be what caused the issue.

Thanks for posting
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Woke up to a message this morning saying one of my bookings was cancelled, but logged in to MMB on BA and everything is as it should be.

Maybe related to the issues mentioned above.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Just upgraded to Silver, seems the sweet spot for me. Invaluable for keeping track of changes, in particular equipment changes.

It has notified me many times of changes, certainly better than relying on BA. A Quick story from one experience.

A few years ago I was connecting at LHR onto a domestic back up to NCL. Originally the flight was due to be operated by a A320. Just as I was going through security I got a notification from My Flights saying the plane has been changed to A321.

When I got into the lounge I asked to be moved from 11D to 9D (exit to exit), BP issued I was on my way thinking nothing more of it.

After boarding there were very few people in the rows in front. The crew made several announcements that people needed to take their allocated seats for trim. As I stretched out I heard someone in row 11 or 12 complaining that they were supposed to be in an extra legroom seat, travelled every week, he was an executive member, this 767 was old and he wanted to be moved. (I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a 321!)

The crew handled it well and said he had to remain until after take off. As soon as the belt sign went off the same crew member went over and invited him to sit in row 9. He refused just to make a point and I enjoyed all of row 9 to myself for the 1 hour flight.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by wb1969
Maybe related to the issues mentioned above.
Yes - that's definitely going to be the case. Make sure you go into MyFlights though and tap 'check for changes' on the booking to ensure it continues to be monitored
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:43 am

Have been doing some analysis - there are 63 future bookings which Amadeus reported as failed that are no longer being monitored by MyFlights, so my plan is to re-enable monitoring on those bookings (and there may be a small percentage of people where those genuinely do no longer exist, but if they get an extra alert, then so be it, but rather that than people miss out on alerts)
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Have been doing some analysis - there are 63 future bookings which Amadeus reported as failed that are no longer being monitored by MyFlights, so my plan is to re-enable monitoring on those bookings (and there may be a small percentage of people where those genuinely do no longer exist, but if they get an extra alert, then so be it, but rather that than people miss out on alerts)
^

I have 4 of those bookings and got the "your booking no longer exists" email.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:29 am

By way of an update - I've done this, so any booking affected by last night's Amadeus outage is now being monitored again.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I got another notification saying that my booking has changed (the same that no longer existed this morning). When opening the App I don't see any changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.