Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Appalling experience with BA Executive Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

After my recent experiences trying to make a simple complaint to BA regarding a hotel I booked with my BA Amex card through their Executive Club, I could only recommend NOT using joining such club or applying for the Amex.

BA make it as difficult as possible for you to actually make a complaint. If you call their premium rate line to their customer relations you are instructed to leave a message and are told that you will receive a call back. No such call was ever received. I spoke to the BA Executive Club and was told I needed to speak to Customer Relations to make a complaint, so I asked them to get Customer Relations to call me. Still no call back.

You cannot contact Customer Relations by email. When I used BA's online form to register my complaint, I was told that it could take up to 28 days to get a response, which is utterly shameful. Worse, the 28 days came and went without any response. I chased things up by filling in the same form multiple times.

Nearly two months later, I received an unapologetic message telling me that my complaint was essentially not valid. BA refused to do address my concerns. I asked for the matter to be escalated to manager level and again requested a call back from customer relations. I have received no response and no call from anyone.

Does anyone know how to get a response from these people or how to escalate a complaint to management level?

Clearly, BA do not give two figs for their customers and I am utterly shocked. Any other airline would have tried to clear up the matter as soon as possible, particularly if the customer concerned had their credit card and was member of their frequent flyer programme.

Alex

BA Case Reference ********

Last edited by Prospero; May 22, 2015 at 12:29 pm Reason: Removed case reference to protect member's privacy
Old May 22, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
While not having full details of the nature of the complaint, I suggest that you remove the case reference.

If you wish to be advised on the best course of action, please tell us the nature of your complaint.

In regards to credit cards, they are only BA branded, all admin is dealt with by the appropriate card issuer... Amex in the UK and Chase in the US, to give 2 examples.

On a lighter note, welcome to Flyer Talk!
Old May 22, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BLHD
While not having full details of the nature of the complaint, I suggest that you remove the case reference.

If you wish to be advised on the best course of action, please tell us the nature of your complaint.

In regards to credit cards, they are only BA branded, all admin is dealt with by the appropriate card issuer... Amex in the UK and Chase in the US, to give 2 examples.

On a lighter note, welcome to Flyer Talk!
+1. Both to indeed welcome you to FT and to say that it is very difficult to say anything considering that you do not explain anything about the problem that you have encountered.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by AAAlcibiades

Clearly, BA do not give two figs for their customers and I am utterly shocked. Any other airline would have tried to clear up the matter as soon as possible, particularly if the customer concerned had their credit card and was member of their frequent flyer programme.
Welcome

Sorry to be blunt but the loyalty is all one way - the customer to the company.

The company - whether the airline or credit card company - has no loyalty to you. All it wants is your money.

If you read any other airline board on FT you will find people complaining and that the airline isn't helping them. It is not just a BA issue.

That said it would be helpful to know exactly what the problem you are trying to resolve is. It may very well be that some or all of it is nothing to do with BA at all.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Another welcome, and sorry the OP is unhappy.

As everyone has said already, if we knew a bit of detail people might be able to advise. That includes use of the appropriate communication channel.

You may be surprised to know that I'm VERY happy with my BA Amex, and reasonably happy with BAEC, and still fly BA [some of the time].
Old May 22, 2015, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Without specific facts, it's really hard to provide meaningful advice.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Often1
Without specific facts, it's really hard to provide meaningful advice.
I fear it's one of those "Rant and disappear" threads ... I'll look back tomorrow.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Really wish flyertalk either required a certain number of posts or days as a member before you can start a thread, or, alternatively, allowed users to automatically filter out any thread started with a user's first post.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If the hotel service was rubbish, complain to the hotel, or the Customer Service of the hotel chain.

If you were mis charged, invoke a charge back through AMEX.

How is this BA, or WWF Panda's fault if you had a Panda's face on your card?
Old May 22, 2015, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
So what's the problem here?
Old May 22, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
So what's the problem here?
The problem is the OP didn't tell us what the problem is.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by paul4040
The problem is the OP didn't tell us what the problem is.
Post of the week.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Shouldn't we give the OP an opportunity to come back and give us more information?
Old May 22, 2015, 3:21 pm

Will this be another 'drive by' I wonder.....
Old May 22, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Shouldn't we give the OP an opportunity to come back and give us more information?
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.