Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showers/Fastrack/Immigration

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 8:13 am
Original Poster

No news here but feel I have to post about shameful state of Heathrow.

1) On arrival last night from MUC at 8pm immigration was a mess - EU line (well there was no line) it was basically just a scrum of people backing up past the escalators. Incredible that the BAA goons were just watching and doing nothing to try and manage the scrum into some form of line. No idea why it was so bad of course only a handful of the stations had immigration officers on them and couldn't tell whether egates were working since no way to see them. Ended up going into the non EU line with my US passport - took 30mins but was quicker than the scrum for EU

2) Security this morning went south to fastrack - not a huge line maybe 30 people but was slow to get through probably 15mins. Got through and saw the non existent line for the normal security at the south station with open stations. Hmm why does fastrack have only 2 stations? Why is someone not proactively moving fastrack to normal to better load balance. Would require some basic intelligence I suspect but hey we can ask the question.

3) Finally showers in South lounge basically wait was 70mins for a shower - WOW

In short continued shambles across BAA, BA, Immigration service and of course this is not new and has been going on for a long time now it is incredible that they haven't been addressed in a more sustainable way.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by cmanc
In short continued shambles across BAA, BA, Immigration service and of course this is not new and has been going on for a long time now it is incredible that they haven't been addressed in a more sustainable way.
For that to happen someone would have to care what is going on

But I think hell will freeze over first
Old May 22, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please see my shower thread, only 8 out of 18 showers are actually in service, it's been like that since October...priorities!
Old May 22, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
I got in from ARN at 22:45. Fairly empty terminal. e-gates closed and not many officers on duty. Not helped by one immigration officer deciding to leave her post (to go home or on a break?) with a long queue forming. It was the opposite of what they do in Tesco when a queue starts to form
Escalator down to baggage hall - switched off
One exit through customs - shut

If half of the airport is closed, do I get a discount on my APD? (As Karfa pointed out below, I meant PSC, not APD)

Heathrow is a disgrace, and it's being run by idiots so it is not going to change. Glad I'm not there this weekend

Last edited by Anthony27; May 22, 2015 at 10:10 am
Old May 22, 2015, 9:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

APD does not go to the airport, it goes to the government.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
Apparently the opposite is happening.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-terrace.html
Old May 22, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Quote:

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY

Apparently the opposite is happening.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-terrace.html
Just means someone caring and actually doing something is further away!!!
Old May 22, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
APD does not go to the airport, it goes to the government.
I meant PSC or whatever the fee that the airport charge is called.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Ah, ok sorry.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:27 am

Just to note it isn't always like that in T5. I got caught up in the weather chaos last Monday and the thousands trying to rebook connections. I got rebook I g via the BA app but couldnot get boarding pass. There were 10 people or so in the e passport queue. I exited that way went to the Dr checkin area where a very nice lady sorted the boarding pass. There was no one in the fast track for south security and I had 4 officers spending me through security. I made my flight as last body on board out of C66. Sometimes Heathrow does work - however my luggage didn't make that flight but that is my first delayed bag in Heathrow this year.

As you can guess I didn't have time to check out the showers!
Old May 22, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

There really ought to be a consolidated thread for all the "Heathrow is crap" posts.
Old May 23, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
If Heathrow is crap, and yes it is at times.... I would not know what to call GRU, it's something that should be blown up and replaced! With something that someone has thought about!
Old May 23, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cmanc
BAA
HAL. BAA hasn't existed for a few years now.
Old May 23, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
Please see my shower thread, only 8 out of 18 showers are actually in service, it's been like that since October...priorities!
It seems BA's priorities at the moment are squeezing more seats in to their European route aircraft.

I have found recently that so called Fast Track in T5 is considerably slower than normal track. The weak point seems to be at the metal detector arch.

I used the showers in T5 last week after only a 30 minute wait. They have clearly seen better days. BA should be embarrassed.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Shower wait time at T5 South was 60 minutes yesterday morning. It appears that there are plumbing issues and that 6 showers are out of order.
No priority for CCR card holders, Gold, First, LtG. This is completely unacceptable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.