Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone succeeded getting pre-28/4/15 TP/Avios credit with AA flight post 28/4/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone succeeded getting pre-28/4/15 TP/Avios credit with AA flight post 28/4/15

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 4:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by konagirl2
Just an update, since I have messaged here and on other posts about TP / Avios credit from a flight flown with a partner airline (AA) on 28 April. I have now had a positive response from BAEC, after 2 emails.

For information, BAEC have stated:
"I am sorry you were disappointed your flight was credited with less Avios and Tier Points than you were expecting.

If you booked a BA flight before 28 April 2015 and the flight date is on or after 28 April 2015, we will credit your account with the Avios and Tier Points you would have earned before 28 April 2015. Unfortunately, our agreements with our partner airlines state we should only credit partner flights based on the awarding rates at the time you flew.

However, as you have been misadvised about this, I have now credited your flight based on the awarding rate at the time you booked as a gesture of goodwill. I have made a manual adjustment to correct the amount you've earned, which you can see if you log in to your account at ba.com.

..."

Good luck to those of you with outstanding claims.
I received a similarly-worded e-mail from BA today, in response to a fax I had sent last weekend. I have however been required to e-mail my AA booking confirmation in order to document my claim. Perhaps thanks to the work of others, I only submitted the request once. The response had two names.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:25 pm

Make that another one, in addition to konagirl2 and headingwest's successes! I'm pleased to say that BA have replied positively to an email I sent and have adjusted my Avios to the pre-28th Apr date.

My wife and I have one more trip coming up on OneWorld airlines that was booked before 28th Apr, so although I'm hoping the correct miles will be credited to my account, even if they aren't, they've set a precedent now, so it should be fairly easy to rectify :-)

The email I received was the exact same wording of konagirl2's email, so it would appear that BA have recognised the mistake they made by not being clear (or by changing their minds, whichever the case might be) and are responding positively to anyone who chases them for the correct Avios.

All in all, despite having to contact them several times (maybe there's a set number of times they need to be contacted before giving in?!), I've very pleased that BA have done the honourable thing!
Old May 29, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
To be clear, you are just using the 'Contact BA' link on the web to make the complaint?
Old May 29, 2015, 7:38 pm

Well, I initially tried the easy-to-find online form, which goes straight through to Customer Relations, but that got me nowhere, despite the fact they kept reassuring me they had forward my query to the Executive Club!

I then decided I should probably try to email the Executive Club directly, but however hard I looked I couldn't find an online form... until... I clicked on the link which said "Or if you don’t have minicom access please email us". (There is an option to say you aren't hearing impaired, but I've no idea why the form is so hidden.)
Old May 29, 2015, 11:22 pm

seems like they will honor them

Last edited by Concorde01; Jun 12, 2015 at 6:30 am
Old May 30, 2015, 1:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by chalf
I received a similarly-worded e-mail from BA today, in response to a fax I had sent last weekend. I have however been required to e-mail my AA booking confirmation in order to document my claim. Perhaps thanks to the work of others, I only submitted the request once. The response had two names.
I didn't get that email, but my claim for 210 TP's for BA1 when booked on an AA codeshare before 28 April has been accepted and an amendment line added to the record in my account.

Good news.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
It's good to see BA honouring what they said about pre and post 28 April. Personally, it doesn't affect me but when a pax books a ticket expecting one thing and gets short changed, that needs rectifying. I sympathise with the back room team at Exec Club whose workload has increased as a result. Hopefully BA will come up with a 'global' fix, not just as hoc solutions for those pax prepared to pursue this.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:34 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Concorde01
I received this as well. They requested I send them AA ticket receipts. However, in the message from BA it says 'Please do not reply directly to this email by using the ‘reply’ function on your personal email settings, as it will not be received.'

How do I actually respond to them? The only link in the email is to www.ba.com/yourquestions ... and from there I certainly cannot attach any documents to support the case ...

Fax?
My designated service center (Bratislava) only offers telephone, fax and post contact details, so my initial inquiry was faxed. The response included an email for document submission. I received an automated reply to my document submission that only the attachments would be reviewed, not the body of the email.

Fax may well be the most effective option. There are a number of freemium computer to fax websites, if for you (like many of us) easy fax access is a relic of the 1990s and 2000s.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
My complaint was sent using the online complaints form on ba.com. This also went through to the Bratislava centre. They replied asking me to send future requests (so they expect more!) using the Executive Club web form.

In my second e-mail I wrote that I'd had a conversation with an agent on BA's Silver Line and he had told me several times that all bookings would earn at the old rate. I added in my complaint that surely BA has a recording of this conversation (I also gave the exact date). Does anybody know if they would indeed still have a recording of a conversation from nearly 2 months ago?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:11 am
int

Just wanted to add, I was able to get my AA flights credited at the predevaluation rates. I sent a message online and got an email from BA Manchester. They told me to send my documents to an email address they had listed below, and two days later, my avios were updated
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by chalf
My designated service center (Bratislava) only offers telephone, fax and post contact details, so my initial inquiry was faxed.
Originally Posted by headingwest
My complaint was sent using the online complaints form on ba.com. This also went through to the Bratislava centre. They replied asking me to send future requests (so they expect more!) using the Executive Club web form.
I use BTS contact centre a lot and have email address directly to the centre for queries and ticketing, so if you ever need it, just PM me for details.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I use BTS contact centre a lot and have email address directly to the centre for queries and ticketing, so if you ever need it, just PM me for details.
Thanks nufnuf77 ^

The agents at BTS are VERY quick answering the phone...usually within 5 seconds! They are very good with most things, but often when a decision needs to be made they refer the case to the UK, which is understandable I suppose.

Great news that you got your Avios and Tier Points int. Credit where it's due to BA for honouring their word (eventually!). Although some of the BAEC changes aren't brilliant, at least BA can still be trusted.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread - Interesting results from Mrs Skyline's trip last week on US Airways -

Last week, Mrs Skyline flew PDX-PHX-DCA return for a conference in Washington DC. Her employer made the booking for her in the 'Main Cabin' on Monday May 18th, 2015. She duly added her BAEC FF number to see what TPs and Avios would result

Her outbound trip on May 26th resulted in:
Date Posted TP Avios
30-May-15 Flights PDX PHX 10 (TP) 505 (Avios)
30-May-15 Flights PHX DCA 10 (TP) 990 (Avios)

her inbound resulted in:
02-Jun-15 Flights DCA PHX 5 (TP) 495 (Avios)
02-Jun-15 Flights PHX PDX 5 (TP) 252 (Avios)

Do I inquire about the difference, or keep mum that this is a mistake?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Skyline
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread - Interesting results from Mrs Skyline's trip last week on US Airways -

Last week, Mrs Skyline flew PDX-PHX-DCA return for a conference in Washington DC. Her employer made the booking for her in the 'Main Cabin' on Monday May 18th, 2015. She duly added her BAEC FF number to see what TPs and Avios would result

Her outbound trip on May 26th resulted in:
Date Posted TP Avios
30-May-15 Flights PDX PHX 10 (TP) 505 (Avios)
30-May-15 Flights PHX DCA 10 (TP) 990 (Avios)

her inbound resulted in:
02-Jun-15 Flights DCA PHX 5 (TP) 495 (Avios)
02-Jun-15 Flights PHX PDX 5 (TP) 252 (Avios)

Do I inquire about the difference, or keep mum that this is a mistake?
It's probably not a mistake. What were the fare classes on each segment and was the outbound booked under AA codes? Only the lowest classes e.g. O earn 25% avios/TPs. Other economy classes e.g. M, L on AA codes earn 50%.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
It's probably not a mistake. What were the fare classes on each segment and was the outbound booked under AA codes? Only the lowest classes e.g. O earn 25% avios/TPs. Other economy classes e.g. M, L on AA codes earn 50%.
Thanks for the clarification - seems so obvious now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.