Wiki Posts
Search

NY Airport Hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
NY Airport Hotels

Hello, sorry not strictly a BA question, but can anyone recommend a hotel close to JFK? I have an evening arrival (with BA) from London and a 6am onward departure. Thank you
Old May 14, 2015, 4:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I haven't got any personal recommendations, but I saw this today and it may help http://milesfromblighty.boardingarea...ew-hilton-jfk/
Old May 14, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I've had a room in the Hilton Garden Inn and it was fine. shuttle was waiting at the end of the Air train thing. room was fine. etc. I wouldn't want to spend any time there apart from trying to sleep though.

I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel and I would use it again (though have no other experience of other hotels).
Old May 14, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I have used the Crowne Plaza JFK a couple of times and no problems whatsoever shuttle quick and runs 24hrs ideal for a early flight I caught the 4am for 6am and a 6:30am flights giving time to go into the AA lounge and grab some breakfast.
John
Old May 14, 2015, 4:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel ....
Really? This sounds interesting -tell us more. What, or indeed whom did you occupy yourself with in your hotel room instead of sleeping?
Old May 14, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There are plenty of suggestions on the New York Board in the destinations section.
Old May 14, 2015, 5:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We have stayed at the Hilton JFK a few times and will be staying there again in a few weeks. Pretty close to JFK with a regular shuttle. Nice lounge and friendly lounge dragons.
Old May 14, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
A +1 for the Hilton JFK - I always stay there after the late flight in and before the early flight out. Not the cheapest around, but is a very nice hotel.
Old May 14, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
I've had a room in the Hilton Garden Inn and it was fine. shuttle was waiting at the end of the Air train thing. room was fine. etc. I wouldn't want to spend any time there apart from trying to sleep though.

I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel and I would use it again (though have no other experience of other hotels).
+1 for the Hilton Garden Inn. We used it on a trip to HNL and it was absolutely fine. Regular shuttle from Federal Circle Air Train station to the hotel and the room / bed were good. I, however, did sleep in my room
Old May 14, 2015, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Thanks everyone much appreciated!
Old May 15, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Really? This sounds interesting -tell us more. What, or indeed whom did you occupy yourself with in your hotel room instead of sleeping?
haha. I think your fellow northerner, young Calchas, was fishing for similar information when I mentioned before that I didn't actually sleep......

After the HKG towel-gate, I've learnt to cover myself more on here...... Needless to say, it was all in most "Flyertalk style"

Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I, however, did sleep in my room
^ knew it was possible
Old May 15, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
For such a major airport the choice around JFK is poor. The Hilton and CP are probably the best options but even they aren't anything to get excited about. If it's a simple overnight between flights I go for the Holiday Inn Express which has a reliable shuttle and free breakfast.

Avoid the JFK Inn at all costs.
Old May 15, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
I stayed at the Fairfield Inn recently and was impressed, customer service excellent and room very quiet. Stayed at the 'new' holiday inn previously and not impressed - very noisy and over 20 mins shuttle ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.