GZBKO Delivered
GZBKP Delivered
GZBKR Delivered
GZBKS Delivered

Print Wikipost

BA's 787-9

Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Well still no news on the routes this aircraft will be deployed.

My BA friend says the configuration has been announced internally though.

F8/J42/W39/Y127

a slightly smaller version of the 777-200 (F14/J48/W40/Y127)
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bananahead
Well still no news on the routes this aircraft will be deployed.

My BA friend says the configuration has been announced internally though.

F8/J42/W39/Y127

a slightly smaller version of the 777-200 (F14/J48/W40/Y127)
That Y config will be nowhere near as "spacious" (in Y terms) as the 777-200 given the narrower cabin on the 787
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Well it is the same config in Y on the 787-8 now as on the 777. The new 787 'standard'. And yes, attracting very negative reviews across all airline operators of this configuration.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:26 am

787-9 New First

AusBT has published some further details about the new (new) First on the 787-9:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/british-airw...r-boeing-787-9

While it may be not be 'revolutionary', it does sound like there will be some significant improvements, particularly as regards storage.

Bizarrely, the article says the first birds will come in 3-class config and will then be "wheeled back into the workshop" to be refitted with F after a few months.

Although BA is trumpeting the Boeing 787-9's first international flight from London to Delhi on October 25, a spokesperson for the airline says the jet will first enter service in a three-class configuration on flights to Austin and Toronto.

In this configuration it'll have an extended Club World business class cabin at the pointy end, but prior to the Delhi debut will be wheeled back into the workshop for the new First suites to be installed.
Is that really the case? I'd have thought that 3-class deliveries will remain as such, with subsequent deliveries being 4-class. The only reason I can see for doing a refit so soon is if the new F seats aren't ready for installation yet.

Last edited by Ldnn1; Jul 13, 2015 at 5:39 am
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There's a few more details here, too: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25108619-post1164.html
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:35 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
AusBT has published some further details about the new (new) First on the 787-9:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...350-boeing-777

While it may be not be 'revolutionary', it does sound like there will be some significant improvements, particularly as regards storage.
Looks more of a devolution if they're using the same seats in F as SQ uses for Y+!

Perhaps you meant this link:
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by nux
Looks more of a devolution if they're using the same seats in F as SQ uses for Y+!

Perhaps you meant this link:
Oops. Now corrected, thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:00 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The F suite sounds like a similar design to that of QR F (which I think is excellent). Time will tell.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Seat map is on expertflyer. Row 6 looks the best for Club pax
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
This makes me so so angry

As crew who are going to be working on this bloody thing, we have been begging for information about the aircraft, LOPA, galley info and time scales And are just told "No. Not yet.", and we are left to read about it in media and on forums.

Really pee's me off.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:40 am

It's good they are finally putting in a screen you can watch from gate to gate. It's one of my biggest problems about CW and F.

But it's going to leave the product really inconsistent across the fleet if they don't go and fix that everywhere.

It'd also be interesting to see if they can fix it in their next gen CW seat we keep getting rumors about.

What's interesting to me - more generally - is that BA are bringing in the new-new-new F only on the -9s .... yet overhauling some 747s and not putting the new product there too.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
This makes me so so angry

As crew who are going to be working on this bloody thing, we have been begging for information about the aircraft, LOPA, galley info and time scales And are just told "No. Not yet.", and we are left to read about it in media and on forums.

Really pee's me off.
Probably because BA know if they gave crew details, within 5 minutes they would be on Flyer Talk..
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Some know how to keep secrets but when it is published online we are free to pass it on.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by MPH1980
It's good they are finally putting in a screen you can watch from gate to gate. It's one of my biggest problems about CW and F.

But it's going to leave the product really inconsistent across the fleet if they don't go and fix that everywhere.

It'd also be interesting to see if they can fix it in their next gen CW seat we keep getting rumors about.

What's interesting to me - more generally - is that BA are bringing in the new-new-new F only on the -9s .... yet overhauling some 747s and not putting the new product there too.
Screens will still need to be stowed in CW and bulkhead seats in WT plus and WT.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Screens will still need to be stowed in CW and bulkhead seats in WT plus and WT.
Agreed - and it's very frustrating - particularly in CW.

So on a 787-9 - everyone (apart from one or two rows in WTP/WT - who have a trade off on leg room) gets gate-to-gate entertainment - except CW.

Hmm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.