Wiki Posts
Search

AA post 4/28

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
AA post 4/28

I'm still not 100% clear on AA coach earnings. It looks like H has been downgraded to 'Discounted' - I thought it was flexible before. There is no mention of tier points except it says Discounted earn 50%. There is no mention of Lowest but I assume it must follow the same pattern as BA. The calculator still only lists Lowest and Flexible for AA with H still explicitly called out as flexible.

If anyone finds out for sure it would be good to know.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin
I'm still not 100% clear on AA coach earnings. It looks like H has been downgraded to 'Discounted' - I thought it was flexible before. There is no mention of tier points except it says Discounted earn 50%. There is no mention of Lowest but I assume it must follow the same pattern as BA. The calculator still only lists Lowest and Flexible for AA with H still explicitly called out as flexible.

If anyone finds out for sure it would be good to know.
You can see the old and new earning charts here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24088166-post5.html
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
H was moved out of the top bracket for AA earning a loooong time ago. Off the top of my head full-fare has been YB only for a few years at least, if not longer.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You can see the old and new earning charts here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24088166-post5.html
thanks for the helpful link to a TBC

Originally Posted by Airprox
H was moved out of the top bracket for AA earning a loooong time ago. Off the top of my head full-fare has been YB only for a few years at least, if not longer.
If it has been a "loooong " time then I wonder why the TP calculator still looks like this, this morning

I realize it's probably too soon for people to know for sure but hopefully someone will soon.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
... If it has been a "loooong " time then I wonder why the TP calculator still looks like this, this morning

I realize it's probably too soon for people to know for sure but hopefully someone will soon.
When I looked this morning the calculator didn't look like the above. It listed all the fare codes for all booking classes, although I wasn't logged in to my account.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
If it has been a "loooong " time then I wonder why the TP calculator still looks like this, this morning

I've no idea, I don't use the calculator often but I can't say I remember it showing classes in the drop down there before.

I've searched back through my BAEC statement as far as it goes, which is 3 years, and I have AA flights in September 2012 onwards in H fare crediting at the half rate.

27-Sep-12 30-Sep-12 AUSTIN-BERGSTROM - DALLAS/FORT WORTH (Y/H)
AA542(Operated by: American Airlines)(Booking ref: ) 10 500
Tier Bonus 0 500

27-Sep-12 30-Sep-12 DALLAS/FORT WORTH - MIAMI (Y/H)
AA1675(Operated by: American Airlines)(Booking ref: ) 10 1,121
Tier Bonus 0 1,121

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.