e-ticket number not showing?

Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seattle29
Is this really true? Surely the new e-ticket should be issued within 24 or 48 hours?
Often but not always.

e-ticket re-issuance/re-validation at BA is done by the back office, by some sort of manual process. Why is not known to us.

The ticketing queue is prioritized by travel date, not by request time. Therefore a ticket starting in December will not be near the top of the queue.

If the ticket pertains to reservations on other airlines the re-issuance is prioritized.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Often but not always.

e-ticket re-issuance/re-validation at BA is done by the back office, by some sort of manual process. Why is not known to us.

The ticketing queue is prioritized by travel date, not by request time. Therefore a ticket starting in December will not be near the top of the queue.

If the ticket pertains to reservations on other airlines the re-issuance is prioritized.
Good to know. Thanks Calchas.

May I ask - how do you know this? Seems very niche if you don't mind me saying!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by love_flying_hate_strikes
We've all lived this ourselves. And there are many helpful BA staff members - both here and on the end of the phone - who sometimes explain bits and pieces of the processes.

FWIW, my experience of this in the last couple of months has been about two weeks for ticket re-issue, for travel in the distant future. So I hope you won't be waiting too long.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know. Thanks Calchas.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
We've all lived this ourselves. And there are many helpful BA staff members - both here and on the end of the phone - who sometimes explain bits and pieces of the processes.
Indeed

In other words, I really should get another hobby besides spending too much time on FlyerTalk
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:11 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
If I may piggy back on to this thread? I booked my flights in January online with BA. I UuA'd my return to CW immediately over the phone as it wouldn't allow me to do it online and the changes reflected in my booking straight away. The agent said the payment had gone through & the Avios were deducted from my account there and then.

Would I still have the same e-ticket number for the whole journey as this was done immediately after booking or should I expect an additional e-ticket. On Check My Trip there is one e-ticket in the booking. On MMB everything seems to be in order (seat selection, baggage, etc.).
Thought I had better check with the knowledgeable on here instead of leaving till the last minute.

Thanks in advance.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Last edited by Saltire74; Apr 19, 2015 at 4:22 pm
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Would I still have the same e-ticket number for the whole journey as this was done immediately after booking or should I expect an additional e-ticket. On Check My Trip there is one e-ticket in the booking.
When the ticket is re-issued, you should have a different number. This is one of the clues that the re-issue has been done.

If you go now to classic.checkmytrip.com, you should see an e-ticket receipt tab. Click that. The chances are that it will show your original e-ticket number, but with only the sector(s) that were not UuAd. Again, this will change when the ticket is re-issued. There should then only be one e-ticket number, but it will be different from the original; and that ticket will have a coupon for each sector that you're travelling.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:34 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
When the ticket is re-issued, you should have a different number. This is one of the clues that the re-issue has been done.

If you go now to classic.checkmytrip.com, you should see an e-ticket receipt tab. Click that. The chances are that it will show your original e-ticket number, but with only the sector(s) that were not UuAd. Again, this will change when the ticket is re-issued. There should then only be one e-ticket number, but it will be different from the original; and that ticket will have a coupon for each sector that you're travelling.
Thanks Globaliser

I wasn't viewing the classic check my trip before. Shows all flights including the flown sectors under the one e-ticket and has business confirmed for my return flight on the itinerary/e-ticket tab.

Hopefully all okay then???

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hopefully all okay then???
It sounds OK to me. I hadn't appreciated that the ticket is already part-flown. At any rate, if the itinerary tab shows business confirmed, and the e-ticket receipt tab has a coupon for the UuAd sector (and a coupon for every other sector), then it sounds like you're fine.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:48 pm

Often but not always.

I shall explain the why: there is a option called ATC automatic ticket changer which when it works we add a flight and press option for volountary change. It then gives the price ie fare tax fare penalty and service fee. When we commit through this it loads a payment browser like ba.com and we take payment front office. However similiar to when you guys try to change on ba.com and doesnt allow you to change ATC doesnt always work.

Therefore in this scenario we have to quote everything manually, the card details are stored securely and the booking is sent to ticketing. Its as mentioned placed into an electronic queue prioritised on travel date.

The ticket team deal with thousands of bookings a week and thats before you get into disruption where lots of bookings need to be reissued in a relatively short space of time!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Emirates

It sounds OK to me. I hadn't appreciated that the ticket is already part-flown. At any rate, if the itinerary tab shows business confirmed, and the e-ticket receipt tab has a coupon for the UuAd sector (and a coupon for every other sector), then it sounds like you're fine.
Fingers crossed then ^

Fills me with dread if I have to phone up and get through to the Indian call centre to check. Still plenty of time though before the flight.

Thanks again.

S
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anonba
I shall explain the why: there is a option called ATC automatic ticket changer which when it works we add a flight and press option for volountary change. It then gives the price ie fare tax fare penalty and service fee. When we commit through this it loads a payment browser like ba.com and we take payment front office. However similiar to when you guys try to change on ba.com and doesnt allow you to change ATC doesnt always work.

Therefore in this scenario we have to quote everything manually, the card details are stored securely and the booking is sent to ticketing. Its as mentioned placed into an electronic queue prioritised on travel date.

The ticket team deal with thousands of bookings a week and thats before you get into disruption where lots of bookings need to be reissued in a relatively short space of time!
Thanks. I guess my only remaining concern is that mY e ticket doesn't get reissued until after the deval....do I then have goto pay more avios over? The call centre agent assured me the price is 60k avios to change from J to F LHR to NRTNRT and as I've said, MMB now says "First, Confirmed" but avios have not been debited.

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks. I guess my only remaining concern is that mY e ticket doesn't get reissued until after the deval....do I then have goto pay more avios over? The call centre agent assured me the price is 60k avios to change from J to F LHR to NRTNRT and as I've said, MMB now says "First, Confirmed" but avios have not been debited.

Thanks!
No, the deal is done. You will be 'charged' at the rate at the time you confirmed the upgrade.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Instead of opening a new thread, I thought I’d ask here since it is somehow related.
Due to changes in times and even flight numbers (AA), I have noticed through CMT that some bookings have been reprocessed as of lately (same ETKT number though, just different date)

Do you think reissues/revalidations taking place after April 28 would have an impact on BAEC earnings or would the original issue date still count?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travellair
Instead of opening a new thread, I thought I’d ask here since it is somehow related.
Due to changes in times and even flight numbers (AA), I have noticed through CMT that some bookings have been reprocessed as of lately (same ETKT number though, just different date)

Do you think reissues/revalidations taking place after April 28 would have an impact on BAEC earnings or would the original issue date still count?
A reissue might, but a revalidation should not. (I would guess.)

To be honest your contract ("booking") was made before this date, so you should be able to argue that BA promised to honour the pre-28th levels.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
A reissue might, but a revalidation should not. (I would guess.)

To be honest your contract ("booking") was made before this date, so you should be able to argue that BA promised to honour the pre-28th levels.

Thanks. Guess Id better keep emails sent when bookings were made, just in case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.