Search

Pending BA flight questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Pending BA flight questions

It's been well over a decade since I've flow BA across the Atlantic. I've got a pending trip YYZ-LHR-SOF next month and have some questions.

I am flying Club World on a 777. What can I expect YYZ-LHR regarding food, seat, IFE, etc.? I have flown business class recently on AC, LH and OS and SAA. How does BA compare?

I have a two hour connection in Terminal 5 between arriving from YYZ and my flight to SOF. Is that sufficient to make the connection? What if any customs and immigration hoops do I have to go through?

On my return leg I'm staying a few days in the UK and have a rental car with Enterprise. How easy is it to go from the arrivals to the Enterprise location? What about returning a rental at LHR?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
BA is pretty middle of the road so should be pretty comparable. Try to avoid the middle seats if travelling alone, great as a couple though.
2 hours connection time should be fine, there's no customs or immigration to go through, just a security screening.
No idea about car hire.
Everyone has there own idea about what is good and bad. eg. SQ is considered to be about the best in J but I would rather fly BA. Their seat has more space but can't be reclined fully so when I'm nodding off instead of just pressing a button to recline I have to get up and summon a FA to convert it for me-I'm now wide awake. Also their IFE had a huge selection but I found the controller so difficult to use that I could only access some of it.

Overall with BA you should get a flat bed, reasonable food, AVOD IFE with a reasonable selection and decent service. But it's very much YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.