Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Openskies Interline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Question Openskies Interline

Will Openskies interline w/ easyjet or Air France at Orly?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
As far as I recall Easyjet does not interline bags with anyone.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
It would probably be as per BA policy: same ticket, yes. Separate ticket, no (unless oneworld).
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brxtoday
Will Openskies interline w/ easyjet or Air France at Orly?
With AF only if on the same ticket

Buying EC/AF on the same ticket is usually ludicrously expensive. You may be better off transiting at LHR (gasp) or flying AF to Paris.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
EC check in is done by BA, the flight number is BA, the rules are BA. That means that normally (and exceptions notwithstanding) there will be no through check in of bags on a separate non-OW ticket.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
As far as I recall Easyjet does not interline bags with anyone.
Correct.

Easyjet will not through check bags to, or receive through checked bags from, ANY flight (this includes their own flights!)

This is a complete non-starter.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
EC check in is done by BA, the flight number is BA, the rules are BA. That means that normally (and exceptions notwithstanding) there will be no through check in of bags on a separate non-OW ticket.
I only have precisely one data point as I'm not a hugely frequent flyer, but I was pleasantly surprised to find last week that CW checkin desk at JFK were happy to through-check my bag:

JFK-LHR-DUB (return portion of an ex-EU BA ticket)
DUB-BRS (completely separate booking with EI)

They also issued me with the EI leg's boarding pass in JFK.

I asked with no expectation at all (and had allowed time in DUB to re-check if necessary) - I had also pre-paid for hold baggage on the EI flight, not sure if it would have still been possible if I hadn't!

Cabin crew on the LHR-DUB leg also knew I was travelling LHR-DUB-BRS as he politely questioned me on the intriguing (to him) routing!!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nikko5
I only have precisely one data point as I'm not a hugely frequent flyer, but I was pleasantly surprised to find last week that CW checkin desk at JFK were happy to through-check my bag:

JFK-LHR-DUB (return portion of an ex-EU BA ticket)
DUB-BRS (completely separate booking with EI)

They also issued me with the EI leg's boarding pass in JFK.

I asked with no expectation at all (and had allowed time in DUB to re-check if necessary) - I had also pre-paid for hold baggage on the EI flight, not sure if it would have still been possible if I hadn't!

Cabin crew on the LHR-DUB leg also knew I was travelling LHR-DUB-BRS as he politely questioned me on the intriguing (to him) routing!!
The through checking was against policy, so you were lucky.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Calchas
The through checking was against policy, so you were lucky.
Absolutely, should never been taken for granted. That said, I have had bags through checked several times from a number of BA stations. Premium class, high status, and/or check in staff from a given station recognising your face all probably help...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Absolutely, should never been taken for granted. That said, I have had bags through checked several times from a number of BA stations. Premium class, high status, and/or check in staff from a given station recognising your face all probably help...
Through checking to oneworld is allowed

But it may be your face

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.