Feeling very "corporate-wage-slave" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:44 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Feeling very "corporate-wage-slave" thread

A fun thread which I hope will find resonance:

Post your c-w-s experience here...whether that be travelling some ridiculous schedule for the next day or two, drinking tea when you could be pissing it up, coffee mug shots in foreign climes, anything of the sort associated with our BAEC guru on the forum...

I couldn't help but feel very c-w-s on my latest flight from LHR to VIE (granted on OS) with 6 rows of business and only two people seated there (me being one of them )

Upon choosing tea to drink (i needed to be sober upon arrival) I was provided with my own tea pot and had the front row to myself...

Feeling very much like royalty aka cws
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Anyone else?
Padmeister, pancakex and smokie36 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Austrian are actually very good. I was in economy last week on the VIE-OTP route, but I upgraded to a schnitzel meal for 15 EUR. I had an empty seat next to me and I really felt like I was travelling in Club Europe for a fraction of the cost. The guy sat nearest wasn't very happy with his bag of complimentary pretzels. I did feel a bit smug. :-)

Last edited by headingwest; Apr 18, 2015 at 3:13 pm Reason: removed name on image
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I have 72,000 miles worth of travel booked so far, between May 29th and August 14th. That figure may increase depending on potential meetings but as of now it's 95% leisure... Off the top of my head that pace is equivalent to around 375k miles per year, and while that is a number I'm sure a good number of people are hitting, I have absolutely no desire to sustain that pace for more than a few weeks. Hats off to the people who do it and enjoy it!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by BotB
Upon choosing tea to drink (i needed to be sober upon arrival) I was provided with my own tea pot and had the front row to myself...
I love it

Please tell me more about your tea. Was it Sachertorte flavoured? It does look rather viscose
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Prospero
... Please tell me more about your tea. Was it Sachertorte flavoured? It does look rather viscose
I thought it was hot chocolate when I first looked
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I thought the churros had been scoffed.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Me too! Knowning the food on Austrian though, it could as well be gulash-flavoured, it would still be very good!!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Last week I flew LHR-YYC and back the next day for a meeting at my employer's office that lasted a total of 2 hours. Does that count?
memesweeper likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Well I am going to imitate corporatae-wage-slave for one day only starting tomorrow afternoon. (3 flights in 24 hours) as I feel very corporate-wage-slavish (Is that a word?)

Flying back to the UK in BA F tomorrow (1K ), busy working (well typing a TR) and then I have his nice Coffee Mug to look forward to using whilst he is on holiday (he's on holiday )!) when I arrive in the CCR on Monday morning (someone has to keep it 'warm' and us Ambassadors should be sharing things like this more)

Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by fourspoons
Last week I flew LHR-YYC and back the next day for a meeting at my employer's office that lasted a total of 2 hours. Does that count?
Only if we're counting short-haul!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by fourspoons
Pah! I've been to NY for the day to attend a 30 min meeting once. Was in the last century though. Immigration were very suspicious that I had no bags, not even HBO (which was probably unwise actually but these were pre FT days)
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
I've got you all beat- I flew to Canberra/Sydney from London two years in a row to do a 20-minute presentation at the same conference.

Admittedly, I tacked on some days' holiday to make the whole thing vaguely worthwhile but it was still kind of excessive.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VX Gold
Yes I had a few of those in the 90s: basically a day trip London-Sydney (leave Tuesday night, arrive Thursday morning, sleep, go to meeting Friday morning, flight back Friday afternoon, arrive London Saturday morning, at least it was CW out and F back), and 3 trips to Buenos Aires (1 from London, 2 from SFO) with a total of 1 night spent in the country.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by livingforever
I've got you all beat- I flew to Canberra/Sydney from London two years in a row to do a 20-minute presentation at the same conference.
What was your presentation about? Utilising employees time to the maximum?

Apart from putting my hand up a cows rear end I don't recall ever having any c-w-s moments.
yellow_peril and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:59 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Many years ago, I flew over the Sahara 6 times in a week. Another CWSish travel programme had me flying LHR-DEL Y out J return 4 times in 9 days and when I arrived home after the last one got a phone call about an hour into my sleep catching up time to go to SYD that night .

Another one burned into memory was LHR(LO)-WAW(LO)-SZZ(LO)-WAW(LO)-FRA(LH)-MNL(CX)-HKG(CX)-LHR all in a oner.

Oohh, those were the days and that is just a small sample.

I blame all of that flying on my expanded waist line..........

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.