Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

French ATC strike - April 8/9th - April 16/18th & April 29th to May 2nd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

French ATC strike - April 8/9th - April 16/18th & April 29th to May 2nd

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Any news yet on the strike on the 16th?
According to this story in l'Express, taken from Agence France Presse in the last few minutes, the 16 April strike won't be going ahead, but 29 April could still go ahead.

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/soc..._1670748.html#
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
According to this story in l'Express, taken from Agence France Presse in the last few minutes, the 16 April strike won't be going ahead, but 29 April could still go ahead.

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/soc..._1670748.html#
I hope so. I had my Venice flight cancelled because of the Italian strike and then my Barcelona trip on Friday was at risk as both LHR - BCN (BA0478) last week were cancelled because of the action.

Annoyingly, I was supposed to move to Bronze upon completion of my Venice trip!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by BasilBush
Nothing yet. Best to keep an eye on the Eurocontrol webpage - see the news section in the top right corner:

https://www.public.cfmu.eurocontrol..../gateway/spec/
The 16th - 18th April strike has been cancelled according to Eurocontrol news.

Happy as I'm off to Nice on Saturday!

However, looks like the Italians were feeling left out and they have their own strike planned for April 21st.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks guys - great relief, as I have to fly from OPO to NCE on the 16th, via ORY.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I'm very relieved if this is true as I am booked on a LEI via MAD on Thursday afternoon and was worried about making the connection.

Three years ago when I could fly via BCN with IB I got stuck overnight there and ended up not getting to my hotel room until 04:00!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Let's hope the other one from 30APR will not be going ahead - currently booked on the first BA flight to ORY on 30 APR.

In this case, do you know whether BA would allow a change to the last flight on the day before, or are only changes to flights after the departure time considered?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Let's hope the other one from 30APR will not be going ahead - currently booked on the first BA flight to ORY on 30 APR.

In this case, do you know whether BA would allow a change to the last flight on the day before, or are only changes to flights after the departure time considered?
The way it has worked in the past is that about lunchtime on the day before the strike is due to start, the French aviation authorities inform the airlines what percentage of flights need to be cut. This has various permutations and may have greater or less impact on different parts of France or on over-flights, but a typical cut-back rate would be in the 30% to 50% area. BA then usually spend a few hour mid afternoon working out which flights will operate, and then cancelling services from tea time onwards.

What BA may also do is announce a lifting of restrictions on all bookings to France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Switzerland, so that you can fly early or later, but I wouldn't count on that.

On the strike day itself further stuff may also happen.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The way it has worked in the past is that about lunchtime on the day before the strike is due to start, the French aviation authorities inform the airlines what percentage of flights need to be cut. This has various permutations and may have greater or less impact on different parts of France or on over-flights, but a typical cut-back rate would be in the 30% to 50% area. BA then usually spend a few hour mid afternoon working out which flights will operate, and then cancelling services from tea time onwards.

What BA may also do is announce a lifting of restrictions on all bookings to France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Switzerland, so that you can fly early or later, but I wouldn't count on that.

On the strike day itself further stuff may also happen.
Thanks for the info C-w-s!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Forgot about this Im on the KRK inaugural flight on 1 May and returning 4th. Hope BA will take this into consideration if they need to make cuts.

Incidently, I see there are a few of us, Silver/Gold on 01 May anybody fancy a meet up... whilst I know there is a thread for that hear not all of us are on there (including me)
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:06 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The strike for 29th April to 2nd May is cancelled, the ATC unions are satisfied with the agenda set for the negotiations.
http://www.deplacementspros.com/Les-...ve_a32512.html
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by fransknorge
The strike for 29th April to 2nd May is cancelled, the ATC unions are satisfied with the agenda set for the negotiations.
http://www.deplacementspros.com/Les-...ve_a32512.html
Very good news...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.