Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 24 hour cancellation and possibility of rebooking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MH Silver, BA Silver

Plese help me!

I plan to do milage run on BA ex-KUL to MAD, however the price have raised 20-30% within 24 hours. So I booked SIN-SYD-BNE.

Unfortunately, after I've book Australian flights, I noticed the promo flyer on KUL to Europe has resurfaced. Now I need to cancel my ex-SIN flight and rebook to KUL-MAD flight.

1) I still have 12 hours of grace period and I can get free cancellation. But can they rebook me on MAD flight?

2) Obviously the MAD flight a little bit cheaper. Will BA refund me the difference?

3) If they can't accommodate free rebooking, I will opt cancellation. How many days should I expect BA refund into my account?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
BA's grace period allows you to cancel flights within 24 hours of booking. I don't think it provides the option to change the booking so you will need to cancel the original booking, receive a refund and then book the new itinerary.

From memory, I think the refund takes a few days but I've never paid close enough attention to it to give you a comprehensive answer on that one. Unless you're within a week of your monthly credit card cut off point, I would expect the original charge, the refund and the new charge to all be on the same statement therefore not causing you to be out of pocket.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The time it takes for a credit to post to your credit card account is highly dependent on your credit card issuing bank. Check with your issuer as to how long it will take them once BA transmits its credit advice.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Yes, I think it is cancellation only. The refund takes around 7 days from memory.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Just cancelled a booking made in error

Booked a part cash/Avios flight to BCN instead of BIO in September.. And realised immediately after what I had done.

BA advised me Avios will refund in 72 and cash in 3-5 days
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: MH Silver, BA Silver
Thanks! It is confirmed by BA office in KUL on 7 days cash refund. But they can't accommodate the rebooking. I just stick to ex-SIN flights.

Btw, for my SIN-SYD-BNE vv, I'll be gaining Bronze on the outbound flight. Will I get Avios Tier Bonus on the inbound flight? I only have 3 hours layover in BNE.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Does this BA 24hr refund policy hold if you book through AARP portal?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I don't see why not. It doesn't seem to be excluded.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Should do, yes.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Tapageur
Btw, for my SIN-SYD-BNE vv, I'll be gaining Bronze on the outbound flight. Will I get Avios Tier Bonus on the inbound flight? I only have 3 hours layover in BNE.
The system may take some time to catch up, you will probably find the flights post before the system realises you are bronze.

As a result you may need to phone up and request the bonus Avios later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.