what is the deadline for this ticket

Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue, HH, Melia and many others
what is the deadline for this ticket

Hello,
when sales restriction in ITA says : TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31MAR 15
Does it mean deadline is 30 march 23:59 or 31 march 23:59 ?

I am new to all this airline thinks and thanks to FT I get every day more aware
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It sounds to me that it is 23:59 on 31 Mar 15, since it says "ON/BEFORE" - "ON/BEFORE 31 March 15" means it can be on 31 March 2015.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Ok thank you for your quick help, so I have until tomorrow 23:59 to buy this ticket.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by source05
so I have until tomorrow 23:59 to buy this ticket.
Not necessarily - it needs to be TICKETED rather than just bought, so you might like to do it sooner just in case it is not ticketed in time if there is a delay in ticketing.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Yep - it would be physically impossible for you to buy the ticket on 23:59 on 31 Mar 15 as the ticket would need to be issued in the following minute (not possible without a BA manual override - which could be a fight!).

With deadlines like this it's worth noting that there are often additional rules that could override this - i.e. if there is a 7 day APEX you couldn't buy a ticket for the 6th April on 31st March so it's worth checking out all ticket rules.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Also be aware that the time zone is that where the 'point of sale' of the ticket is. Usually this is the departure country, but occasionally using an OTA or foreign billed credit card (not necessarily on BA) can move the POS to buy you a few extra hours and hence a saving.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by father_ted
Also be aware that the time zone is that where the 'point of sale' of the ticket is. Usually this is the departure country, but occasionally using an OTA or foreign billed credit card (not necessarily on BA) can move the POS to buy you a few extra hours and hence a saving.
The credit card billing country will make no difference to BA

But you could call their office in NYC if you wanted a few extra hours
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Ok thank you for all these precious advices.
What would I do without FT experts??
I will go ahead with my ticket tonight when I am at home.
So I guess I will be fine anyway.
The flight I am looking for is
FRA-LHR-JFK-LHR-FRA
Outbound June 27th : BA903 / BA 177
Inbound July 5th : BA116 / BA 904.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Originally Posted by source05
... so I have until tomorrow 23:59 to buy this ticket.
Not necessarily - it needs to be TICKETED rather than just bought, so you might like to do it sooner just in case it is not ticketed in time if there is a delay in ticketing.
In addition, there is something else to watch out for. Sometimes, when a sale fare like this is about to expire, BA may not quote the sale fare during the last few hours. There have been complaints at times that sales have ended unexpectedly early, probably for this reason. I've even had trouble when on the phone to an agent. The fare could still be obtained, but it takes more steps.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
In addition, there is something else to watch out for. Sometimes, when a sale fare like this is about to expire, BA may not quote the sale fare during the last few hours. There have been complaints at times that sales have ended unexpectedly early, probably for this reason. I've even had trouble when on the phone to an agent. The fare could still be obtained, but it takes more steps.
Was this before or after the fare quote was obtained?

Although even our resident ticketing friend has advised me not to leave even a stored fare quote for payment too late in the final day!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Calchas
Was this before or after the fare quote was obtained?
IME, before.

Online, people have reported at least one occasion on which the sale "ended" several hours before midnight because the displayed prices increased.

My experience was phoning about two hours before midnight and getting a quote for my itinerary which was more than I expected. I queried the fare basis being used, and was told something I wasn't expecting. So I asked about the fare basis I had in mind, and the agent said that he had to request it manually. But that was done pretty efficiently, and a few minutes later I had a ticket at the price I first thought of.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
My experience was phoning about two hours before midnight and getting a quote for my itinerary which was more than I expected. I queried the fare basis being used, and was told something I wasn't expecting. So I asked about the fare basis I had in mind, and the agent said that he had to request it manually. But that was done pretty efficiently, and a few minutes later I had a ticket at the price I first thought of.
Good to know—although a telephone agent giving the wrong price can happen long before the end of a sale as well!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.