Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just checked in online - no tier or BAEC number on Boarding Pass

Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold

Good morning all,

I just checked in online to fly tomorrow and noticed when I printed out my boarding passes that they don't have my tier or BAEC number on the passes. These are the return flights in my itinerary and after the first two flights I made it to the Bronze level. Should I be concerned that somehow knocked my BAEC information out of the record? If so, is there a way for me to fix it?

Thank you!

Mike
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:10 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Hi dcmike

Go in to your booking and make sure your BAEC number is there. If not then try and put it in. If that fails then just go to a check in agent at the airport and get them to add your number to the booking.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Thank you Saltire!

My BAEC number definitely appears in MMB for the flights, just not on the boarding passes. I'll talk to an agent when I check in at ATH tomorrow morning.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:25 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Same thing happened to me recently. My EC No. was in the booking, but nothing appeared on my boarding pass. When I queried it at check-in the lady said it just had not been entered correctly. The number was there, but it was not showing my tier details. So she made a change and reprinted my boarding pass - which showed correctly and was credited correctly. Seems odd to me that it required a manual change to link the number to tier/status information.

I think my problem arose from an IT glitch at the end of last year, whereby I could not enter my EC No when booking the flight. I phoned up and the call centre manually added it. But obviously did not do it quite right.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks gms! I am hoping it will just take a second to straighten out at check in.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
This happened to me a few weeks back. My boarding pass for a flight to Singapore, which was printed in Madrid, didn't show my status. I was a little concerned that it would complicate things, as I had a tight connection at Heathrow. As it happened I didn't need to worry as my BAEC card was sufficient.

Just flash it at them when you need to (the card that is ).
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, Skywards Silver
Something similar happened to me a few months ago, with additional complications. I lost my card in Nigeria. Has happened more than once, but I am sure it is carelessness by check in staff (and the mess on the check in desks) not deliberate theft as there has never been any issue of the missing card being used fraudulently. I discovered the card was missing the following week at LHR when dropping off a case en route to Bologna. No issue - BAEC number was on the BP and we had no problems getting into the lounge.

But on the way back, no number appeared on the BP. I was refused access to the (empty) Club desk (we were travelling Y). I asked the assistant at check in to double check on the system. I was brusquely informed that she could see that I had no card and no status. At lounge reception, it was the same story - no number or status on their system. I phoned BAEC. When I finally got through,they confirmed that a person with my name, and my card number existed and was checked in to fly on the flight for which I had the BP, and that I had answered the security question correctly. However, they declined (because, they said, of the risk of fraud) to confirm this to the Lounge reception.

I don't think it was the world's greatest lounge, so little lost there, but I was puzzled by the lack of card data on the system.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hilton diamond, Marriott titanium, IHG platinum
You're lucky to be checked in - OLCI not working for the last flight to EDI tomorrow... It usually means an aircraft change, but with the state of BA's IT revealed by the Avios saga, you do begin to wonder....
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Just to report back on continuing strangeness...

I got to ATH this morning and explained what was going on when I checked in. The very helpful agent said "I can see it here in the record, just let me print out another boarding pass."

She printed out boarding passes and, like the ones I had received at OLCI, there was no Tier and no BAEC number.

Seeing that something was wrong, she deleted my BAEC number from the record and then re-entered it.

She then reprinted another set of passes and said "Ahh, you're now Silver - Oneworld Saphire!" The boarding passes have Silver on them - but I still have a couple of flights to make Silver. I have no idea what's going on.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by dcmike
Just to report back on continuing strangeness...

I got to ATH this morning and explained what was going on when I checked in. The very helpful agent said "I can see it here in the record, just let me print out another boarding pass."

She printed out boarding passes and, like the ones I had received at OLCI, there was no Tier and no BAEC number.

Seeing that something was wrong, she deleted my BAEC number from the record and then re-entered it.

She then reprinted another set of passes and said "Ahh, you're now Silver - Oneworld Saphire!" The boarding passes have Silver on them - but I still have a couple of flights to make Silver. I have no idea what's going on.
I wouldn't be asking questions, I would head straight for the lounge
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
I have this problem when I am in the US.

OLCI from home on outbound flight - all BAEC and tier status correct.
OLCI from hotel in the USA - No tier status shown. Maybe BAEC Number shown.

I always go to the check in desk and they reprint the boarding cards and the tier status appears.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by visualAd
I wouldn't be asking questions, I would head straight for the lounge
I was ENCOURAGED to use the lounge in ATH and fully expected to be turned away when my BP was scanned.

In LHR my sad, first-timer status was secured when I accidentally tried to enter the Concord room and was politely encouraged to keep heading upstairs.

I am going to like the switch to BA and OW from *A!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.