Bringing your expiration date forward

Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Bringing your expiration date forward

Hi,

Has anyone ever managed to bring their tier point expiration date earlier?

Slightly strange situation but I have some business trips planned before the end of the year, just before my membership resets in January. I'd much rather try tier points reset earlier so I can earn membership quickly for the next year. Has anyone else managed to do this? Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Newflyer789
Hi,

Has anyone ever managed to bring their tier point expiration date earlier?

Slightly strange situation but I have some business trips planned before the end of the year, just before my membership resets in January. I'd much rather try tier points reset earlier so I can earn membership quickly for the next year. Has anyone else managed to do this? Thanks.
Many have asked, many have tried, many have been unsuccessful. According to BA, it is not possible.
From the BA lurker:
The 3 most commons requests are as follows:

1) Members wishing to change membership years for individual members in Household Accounts i.e so that the membership years are aligned for the household

2) Members wishing to extend their membership year to give them longer to attain the next tier or renew their current tier

3) Members who wish to end their membership year early so that Tier Points can be carried forward to a new membership year to stay longer at tier for longer

Unfortunately we cannot extend membership years or change the date when your membership year ends. This is not technically possible and requests cannot be granted whether you contact your local service centre or via pm here. The only exception is where a flight will be taken within 2 weeks of your membership ending and in this scenario we will review this on a case by case basis and can offer a 2 week "grace" period.

For points 2 and 3, while I can understand why members want to make the most of their time at tier or have as much time as possible to attain the next tier, we do need to be fair to all of our Executive Club members and apply the membership year rules consistently and fairly.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19596476-post1.html
See also these threads (and the linked threads within):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ear-early.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-year-end.html
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome Newflyer789

Welcome Newflyer789, to both Flyertalk and the BA forum. It's good to see you here, thank you for joining up with us, and I hope that we get to see plenty more of you in the very near future.

The short answer is no, it can't be done. And that's pretty much the long answer too. It's easier to get a divorce than get BA to change your membership dates. The one well known concession is that if you are short of TPs at your year end, they will take into account any travel in the following 2 weeks by way of extending your year. And that pretty much is all the flexibility you can expect.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:55 pm

I suppose one could move house, get a new email address and rejoin the EC as a different person, making bookings with a different credit card. Probably not worth the bother.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that, didn't realise it was such a common problem.

Doesn't look like I'll have much luck given people's past experience and I'm not sure it's quite worth the house move just yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.