Wiki Posts
Search

An ex-EU bargain and a thank you

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
An ex-EU bargain and a thank you

So, I'm off to Washington again in May. And I'm in a premium cabin again. But, this time I'm going the long way: LHR-PRG-LHR-JFK-DCA/IAD-LHR-PRG-LHR

The PRG-LHR-JFK-IAD part of the journey in CE/F/F was only slightly more than the cheapest available BA Y fare LHR-IAD-LHR on my preferred date. It took a lot of searching and some flexibility, but the ex-EU bargains are out there. Altogether it should net me 500 TPs and a few/some/many Avios. Yes, I have to spend a day in Prague at the beginning but it's a Sunday and a friend lives there, so even that's not a problem. The T3-T5 connection is a bit tighter than I'd like on the outbound but hopefully 95 minutes will be OK and if I'm lucky a chance to spot C-W-S's world famous mug. Coffee mug, that is.

So, thank you again FT. First you helped me with my first non-non-rev long haul F thanks to showing me how to maximise collecting Avios. Then, I managed to fly CW LHR-IAD for about £430 thanks to a cheap WT+ upgrade followed by a UuA. And, now the ex-EU game. Suggestions for my next trick on a postcard, please.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
If you're travelling with no checked bags you can quite easily go back to LHR from PRG on the same aircraft.

Spike
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip, but I am travelling with checked bags. Also, the main part of the trip starts with a 0700 departure from PRG. And finally, I get to spend the afternoon with my friend in the Czech capital.

However, I will bear your comment in mind for future trips though as PRG isn't one of the airports mentioned in the EU turnaround thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ing-guide.html

If you've got good knowledge of PRG for turnarounds, perhaps drop Prospero a line and he can add it to the thread.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
What did you pay for the fare?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

About £1500 for the following:

PRG-LHR in CE
LHR-JFK in F
JFK-DCA in F
IAD-LHR in WTP
LHR-PRG in WT

The cheapest WT fare LHR-IAD-LHR for the same dates was £1210.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by robertf999
Thanks for the tip, but I am travelling with checked bags. Also, the main part of the trip starts with a 0700 departure from PRG. And finally, I get to spend the afternoon with my friend in the Czech capital.

However, I will bear your comment in mind for future trips though as PRG isn't one of the airports mentioned in the EU turnaround thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ing-guide.html

If you've got good knowledge of PRG for turnarounds, perhaps drop Prospero a line and he can add it to the thread.

Prague is definitely fine for a back to back. BA use gate A3. Security is done at the gateroom so you exit the jetway, turn right and join the queue for security.

Coincidently downloaded boarding passes for PRG say gate closes 10 mins before but paper boarding card issued at Prague say gate closes 30 mins before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.