Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled BA Amex / Upcoming flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Cancelled BA Amex / Upcoming flights

I was told by AMEX today that it appears someone has made a copy of my BA PP Amex card and tried to withdraw cash from abroad. They have cancelled the card and will be sending me a new one.

I have upcoming BA flights to AMS (In <2 weeks) and EWR (In August) both paid for on this card, The flights to EWR were booked using a companion voucher from this card.

The new card will use my original AMEX account etc but have a slightly different number to the original card. Anyone know if this will cause any issues with BA?

I would call BA to ask but I know it will be difficult to get through with the current avios/audit issue.

Last edited by davrossuk; Mar 28, 2015 at 10:29 am
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:46 am

Don't worry about it,; I have never been asked for a CC at check-in.

My card # has been changed a couple of times too, but I've never even thought about it being an issue.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by SteveF
Don't worry about it,; I have never been asked for a CC at check-in.

My card # has been changed a couple of times too, but I've never even thought about it being an issue.
Agreed, I'm always losing my cards and having to get replacements, never an issue when flying...never been asked
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Ok thanks. I thought the flights to EWR might have been a problem because of the companion voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.