Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 and no lounge access. How will I cope?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for life
Am not sure you are missing that much, am currently sitting in the CCR with no internet access given their servers are down yet again ( using my phone to type this) although there is some entertainment with 2 ladies who are kicking up a royal stink at the check-in desk about being downgraded from First to Club (although I clearly haven't got the whole story) but does seem to be a case of DYKWIA as board member of an airline has been mentioned several times.... Think I would rather be in Wetherspoons!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
the problem is that some people have got accustomed to going into lounge and drinking champagne and wine they wouldn't dream of actually paying for themselves

then they start complaining when the wines on offer are only £8-£10 bottles
I'm no expert but I'm 100% sure I could walk into Tesco and pick up a very decent bottle of Argentine Malbec for under a tenner. Sounds to me as if it's the people doing the buying that's at fault rather than the budget.

In fact here's one here...a bargain.

Last edited by HIDDY; Mar 6, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Honnors Silver, IHG Gold, Le Club Silver
Have something to eat at Wagamana / Plane Food and a drink at JDW which has a decent selection of real ale and craft beers!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...
Originally Posted by womble88
there is some entertainment with 2 ladies who are kicking up a royal stink at the check-in desk about being downgraded from First to Club
Thought BA did not overbook 1st?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm no expert but I'm 100% sure I could walk into Tesco and pick up a very decent bottle of Argentine Malbec for under a tenner. Sounds to me as if it's the people doing the buying that's at fault rather than the budget.

In fact here's one here...a bargain.
come on hiddy you cant expect them to drink wine that's available in Tesco
that's for chavs

if its a waitrose wine that would be different
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
The Fortnum and Mason Champagne Bar is an infinitely better prospect on the food and drinks front.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for life
Originally Posted by Gold77
Thought BA did not overbook 1st?
Am pretty sure they don't, hence me saying I couldn't hear the whole story, just the very loud ladies and not the very calm man talking to them in the CCR! Everything they said reeked of DYKWIA!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
First can occasionally be overbooked by 1.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
the problem is that some people have got accustomed to going into lounge and drinking champagne and wine they wouldn't dream of actually paying for themselves
You mean like Monopole?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
The Fortnum and Mason Champagne Bar is an infinitely better prospect on the food and drinks front.
I've never been in there/ noticed it before. I think I'll drop by on Sunday, thanks.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Mar 7, 2015 at 10:22 am
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Try finding a spot in or around gate 18 if it's quiet and you are in need of internet access. You may find that the GC wifi works perfectly for you
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Try finding a spot in or around gate 18 if it's quiet and you are in need of internet access. You may find that the GC wifi works perfectly for you
I love Flyertalk! @:-)
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I have just comeback to this posting of mine.
I expected that the three replies I originally saw would be all. Now I have been entertained by everyone else. Thanks.
The BHD-LHR-ARN trip is out tomorrow, Wednesday and back on Sunday. Wed is only a short transit, Sunday is a couple of hours. I just felt the need to moan!
We will see how I cope. BHD and ARN have PP lounges at least, ha ha.
I actually only drink or eat a little in any lounges. I do usually find a comfy seat and settle down.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:16 pm

Spending a few hours at LHR T5 is a bit like an outing at a shopping mall, spending time at Terminal C at Dulles in comparison is like spending time in a hospital canteen.

Or without venturing that far out, imagine good old T1 at Heathrow instead. Now that's a place few people will miss when it closes later this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.