Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

7 Weeks Away, 12/14 F Available, No Award Seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

I'm looking at 747 flight in F in about 7 weeks and they've only sold two seats, and yet there are no Avios award tickets available. What's up?

In fact, towards the end of whole month of April, there are no F award seats available.

I presume they will start to open these seats up soon, but when is soon?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are now into the peak booking period for corporates which is 8-2 weeks before travel. I very much doubt anything will open up until very close to departure, if at all.

Also worth checking loads in other cabins as they might well be planning to oversell and upgrade.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
OK...looking next Friday and Sat, not too different, but no award space.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by nologic
Just because there may be 'free' or unsold seats does not mean BA will automatically offer avios seats.

It also depends on the route (which you don't mention) and the actual date of travel
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

BOS-LHR-BOS
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What does it look like in other cabins based on actual GDS availablity. I would suspect that they overselling further back and using F as overflow. They would rather than the extra cash from a revenue ticket than miles. Seen it happen many, many times.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:21 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I'm looking at 747 flight in F in about 7 weeks and they've only sold two seats, and yet there are no Avios award tickets available. What's up?
Similar to the last time you asked: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...pty-seats.html
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
All you can do is start checking availability in the near future and see if you can discern a pattern for when BA might open up late availability (for example, at 48, 72, 96 hours, etc). Of course, there is no guarantee that BA will open up upgrade or award availability at all.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...pty-seats.html
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

In fact, towards the end of whole month of April, there are no F award seats available.

I presume they will start to open these seats up soon, but when is soon?
You're applying overly simplistic rules to what is a more complex situation. Using the simple rules you think that it should lead to a conclusion which it does not and this frustrates you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.