Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any risk of plane configuration change due to delay??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Currently sitting at LHR waiting for the BA059 to Cape Town which was scheduled to depart 2010, it is now showing as delayed to 2130.

Wondering if there is any risk that this might result in a change to the plane configuration as I have had one of the pairs of seats right at the back of WT reserved since we booked the flight and worried we will end up moved to rubbish seats. ..
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Your sat in T5 and rather than speak to one of the 50+ Passenger Handling Staff on duty, you decided to ask on Flyertalk? Mind... blown! Go and ask, the suggested method is as follows...

"Excuse me, I'm on the delayed BA59 to Cape Town, can you tell me if its still planned to be the same Aircraft type? If not, can you have a look and see what seats are showing for us?"

How on earth anyone can get to Silver and not know when to be proactive and speak to staff during IRROPS is utterly beyond me.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by BLHD
Your sat in T5 and rather than speak to one of the 50+ Passenger Handling Staff on duty, you decided to ask on Flyertalk? Mind... blown! Go and ask, the suggested method is as follows...

"Excuse me, I'm on the delayed BA59 to Cape Town, can you tell me if its still planned to be the same Aircraft type? If not, can you have a look and see what seats are showing for us?"

How on earth anyone can get to Silver and not know when to be proactive and speak to staff during IRROPS is utterly beyond me.
That's rather rude. I've seen similar posts meet with very helpful replies,
so I see no reason why the OP shouldn't ask the question in case someone nice and helpful comes along.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
I was asking the question to get peoples view if there was a chance the configuration would change so I knew if I should bother the staff with what would be a silly question if there was no chance (Btw got to silver on lots of EDI to LCY flights where this question never really occured)

Anyhow have a gate now so will find out soon enough
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BLHD

1. Trying to get hold of a member of staff during IRROPS can be challenging.
2. Maybe the OP thought the would ask her rather than bothering busy staff with a relatively trivial query
3. If there is a problem always useful to know if this does happen and what options you have.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: Varies
Good luck. The twoobies at the back are great seats - I hope yours are still available.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by MaroonCat
I was asking the question to get peoples view if there was a chance the configuration would change so I knew if I should bother the staff with what would be a silly question if there was no chance
No question is a silly question if it involves a delay, best to ask the People who are getting paid to look after your flight rather than go for an Educated Guess online.

Have a good flight.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:48 pm

The A/C (G–CIVP) just needed a battery change. So the configuration will remain as planned ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.