Wiki Posts
Search

POUG refund on a missed connection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
POUG refund on a missed connection

I flew yesterday on AA56 MIA-LHR, due to land at 8:40am, and then was due to fly LHR-WAW on BA850, departing 11:30 and returning the next day. These flights were booked separately.

We were delayed 3 hours leaving Miami, arriving at LHR after the WAW flight had departed. The next flight would involve us missing our meeting in Warsaw so we chose not to travel.

I had paid for a POUG for the return Warsaw flights, the work travel agent had paid for the base fare. Should I expect a refund from BA due to the oneworld connection protection - who should I speak to?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by dcbfencing
Should I expect a refund from BA ...
No...

...due to the oneworld connection protection - who should I speak to?
..because BA deny that this even exists!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Worst case scenario I'll use my travel insurance - just want to know if anyone has had any luck previously with the airline.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
..because BA deny that this even exists!
This is irrelevant on two grounds:
1) it is purely an inter-airline agreement that would not give the passenger any legal enforceable right;
2) in any event, there is no suggestion here that BA refused rerouting to the passenger. The passenger elected not to fly.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by NickB
This is irrelevant on two grounds (..) The passenger elected not to fly.
I'm far less informed (and interested) in the legal and airline jargon side of things than some FTers, but wouldn't the OP's trip have been classed as a "trip in vain" ?

If so, it's not quite as simple as "he chose not to fly", is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.