Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Priority Boarding being removed as a bronze benefit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold

Sorry if this has already been covered. But my Dad just hit bronze and the welcome email has zero mention of Priority Boarding as one of the listed advantages. The BA website still lists this though, as did the fast track lanes at T5 last night. Perhaps an indication that it is about to be revoked?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
May sound harsh, but I really hope so. Was a ridiculous thing to add
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
With the greatest of respect to all the bronze members, I bloody hope so!!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Yes, I agree too. And I suspect it is an enhancement that's on its way. But, typical BA, still advertising it on one media and not on another.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:08 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I also really hope they remove priority boarding for Bronze.

Priority boarding has become almost worthless since they extended it to too many people.

In fact, sometimes on a Monday or Friday, there are more people in the priority queue than in the general one.

I pay for premium class tickets and I'm not pleased with the de facto removal of priority boarding for premium PAX.

bjorns
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:11 am

I've never understood why they don't do First, club, gold, silver and then bronze in order or some form of order to start with.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cammo
I've never understood why they don't do First, club, gold, silver and then bronze in order or some form of order to start with.
Yes, that makes perfect sense, but I suppose you'd still get the usual horde of people standing and blocking the way.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:32 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
It's not a published benefit of oneworld ruby.

Given the general direction of travel for all but the very highest tiers I know what outcome my money would be on.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
I have to concur with previous posters and say that I also hope there is no PB for bronze status
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Lets hope so, its bloody stupid. And I say that as someone thats just fallen to bronze.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I really hope so too, the PB is getting far too long, on some of my flights there are more PB than non-PB.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Cammo
when I boarded at Dallas a few months back, this is exactly what they did.

FIRST only first.

then business, with Gold only.

then onwards. it seemed to work well.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
There are 2 ways to get bronze: 1. Fly hardly ever in premium cabins (you get PB anyway and you are hardly ever using PB). 2. Fly a lot down the back (for 25 sectors a year you can have PB for all it's worth). I think the idea that the bronze card holders are somehow cramming the PB queues to breaking point is overblown on here. My regular route EDI-LHR is absolutely chokka with gold, silver and their OW equivalents.

As has been said: the solution is simple and costs nothing and would make (almost) everyone happy without having to remove PB from bronze!

Last edited by crazy8534; Feb 27, 2015 at 3:26 am
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've always thought that it should be:
First
CE/CW/Business UK & Gold/OWE
Silver / OWS
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by crazy8534
There are 2 ways to get bronze: 1. Fly hardly ever in premium cabins (you get PB anyway and you are hardly every using PB). 2. Fly a lot down the back (for 25 sectors a year you can have PB for all it's worth). I think the idea that the bronze card holders are somehow cramming the PB queues to breaking point is overblown on here. My regular route EDI-LHR is absolutely chokka with gold, silver and their OW equivalents.

As has been said: the solution is simple and costs nothing and would make (almost) everyone happy without having to remove PB from bronze!
+1 to this. There are many things wrong with AA in my opinion but their boarding process is spot on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.