Announcement - New Ambassador Appointments

Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Congratulations, guys!

And they didn't even include a woman to make the coffee! Oh, of course, duh! Women don't fly BA or frequent FT.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Well done everyone. I get great help on this forum and appreciate all that you do.

Katie
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I must welcome PETER01, stifle, Orbitmic, Golfmad, Tobias-UK and Calchas to the ambassadorial lounge, and indeed pass on my thanks to BahrainLad and dunk for their participation in a role which is a bit odd at the best of times.

I'm not going anywhere yet, however during the UK General Election campaign I may have to lie low for a bit. Which will give the youngsters (cough) a chance to catch up..... Welcome indeed, from the NCL BA lounge!
What do you guys do anyway? Why are the roles of ambassador and moderator different? Is one explaining the other.

(cruelly passed over again....mustn't grumble.... rofl lol )
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:42 pm

Oh I see BahrainLad and dunk have been sacked...... too right to. Obviously they've not been as observant as c-w-s on spotting new members
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
... I'm not going anywhere yet, however during the UK General Election campaign I may have to lie low for a bit. Which will give the youngsters (cough) a chance to catch up..... Welcome indeed, from the NCL BA lounge!
Are you running for Government? I'm in Newcastle at the mo, it would have been nice to catch up. In The Club Tue, Thursday and Friday maybe see you then 👍 ^
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks all who offered their congratulations ... I was very surprised to be offered the job!

Originally Posted by HilFly
And they didn't even include a woman to make the coffee! Oh, of course, duh! Women don't fly BA or frequent FT.
I have no idea what the genders of most of the posters are, but from the names I would also guess that most are male. I am not sure if it helps but no one asked me my gender before bestowing this honour upon me. Perhaps this should be considered before the next round of appointments.

Originally Posted by Prospero
Don’t fret, corporate-wage-slave will continue as a forum ambassador.
This is very reassuring to hear. ^

Please join with me in thanking BahrainLad and dunk for their impeccable service and commitment to the forum
Thanks very much. ^

Originally Posted by T8191
Calchas ... you consumption of my wine in HNL had nothing to do with this appointment. Not even after the 3rd bottle that iWife had to go and buy in mid-session
I still feel guilty about this!! Next time I will provide the wine!

I must welcome PETER01, stifle, Orbitmic, Golfmad, Tobias-UK and Calchas to the ambassadorial lounge, and indeed pass on my thanks to BahrainLad and dunk for their participation in a role which is a bit odd at the best of times.
Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
In The Club Tue, Thursday and Friday maybe see you then �� ^
I'm in the CCR Tuesday morning (10th Feb) 8:30 to 10:30 ish if anyone wants to say hello (or be guested in?)
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Banana4321
Oh I see BahrainLad and dunk have been sacked...... too right to. Obviously they've not been as observant as c-w-s on spotting new members
I know you are just being playful.

In all seriousness, we’re actually deeply worried about dunk. He went completely off piste a year ago while he was in the middle of judging the 2013 Trip Report Competition. This was a project he was wholeheartedly enthusiastic about. We haven’t heard from him after trying to reach him by PM, email and telephone. All we can do is pray he is well, found rekindled love or a new channel for his time and energy.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are you running for Government? I'm in Newcastle at the mo, it would have been nice to catch up. In The Club Tue, Thursday and Friday maybe see you then 👍 ^
I thought he's ahead of Prince Charles in the line of succession.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:13 pm

In all seriousness, were actually deeply worried about dunk. He went completely off piste a year ago while he was in the middle of judging the 2013 Trip Report Competition. This was a project he was wholeheartedly enthusiastic about. We havent heard from him after trying to reach him by PM, email and telephone. All we can do is pray he is well, found rekindled love or a new channel for his time and energy.
To be frank I never ever knew that he existed.

Probably a tree that fell over in a forest somewhere.....
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:07 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by HilFly
I'm a woman. And I hang out here a lot. LTN Phobia, one of your mods, is as well. Handles rarely reveal gender or sexuality or race. On the whole, that's a good thing, though philosophically I'm very supportive that we have a mix of all. Most importantly, we try diligently to have moderators represent the more than 40% of members who are outside the USA. We do pretty well there.

And now I've totally taken this congratulations thread off topic. Oops!

My whole hearted congratulations to the incoming team who joins the incomparable corporate-wage-slave. There's a person I'd love to clone for every forum on FT. What a beacon of welcoming light to one and all. And my thanks to those who have served before. I hope that the lost is found, because we miss dunk.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm a woman. And I hang out here a lot. LTN Phobia, one of your mods, is as well. Handles rarely reveal gender or sexuality or race. On the whole, that's a good thing, though philosophically I'm very supportive that we have a mix of all. Most importantly, we try diligently to have moderators represent the more than 40% of members who are outside the USA. We do pretty well there.

And now I've totally taken this congratulations thread off topic. Oops!

My whole hearted congratulations to the incoming team who joins the incomparable corporate-wage-slave. There's a person I'd love to clone for every forum on FT. What a beacon of welcoming light to one and all. And my thanks to those who have served before. I hope that the lost is found, because we miss dunk.
I am everything. Are there stats on that kind of thing?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat

In all seriousness, were actually deeply worried about dunk. He went completely off piste a year ago while he was in the middle of judging the 2013 Trip Report Competition. This was a project he was wholeheartedly enthusiastic about. We havent heard from him after trying to reach him by PM, email and telephone. All we can do is pray he is well, found rekindled love or a new channel for his time and energy.
Gosh, hope he is okay, met Dunk a few times at DO's and he was always a great person to talk to and shared the passion of travel and flying (and Canada). Let's hope he has simply moved on.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Gosh, hope he is okay, met Dunk a few times at DO's and he was always a great person to talk to and shared the passion of travel and flying (and Canada). Let's hope he has simply moved on.
Ahem. His/Her/Its last post was 3 days ago!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...4176609&query=

Edit: Oh you are correct, a year and 3 days ago........
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by BotB
I hope he is okay and alive too! It has been a while since I spotted him at a Do or on-line.

Congratulations to the new Ambassadors.

/AE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.