Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge Question (that I really can't find the answer to)

Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Big apologies if I have missed it but I have had a good look through the relevant threads.

Next week I'm travelling with my 15 year old son, his 15 year old friend and an adult friend of my own from LHR to MAN.

Myself and my son are Silver.

My adult friend is Gold

My son's friend has no status.

I can see it would not be a problem to get into the club lounge as a group of 4, however, I would like to experience the 1st lounge but I know there is a rule about minors access the club lounge without an adult.

Would it be acceptable for us all to go into GC and then for me and my buddy to pop along to the first lounge for a drink or two?

Or would they let the kids come into the 1st lounge as they technically would be unable to fulfill their right to GC due to their age.

In fact, I think I have read on here about qualifying minors being told to use the Concord room due to the age restrictions in GC.

Thanks in advance for the good advice I know is coming!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:29 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I doubt you'd all be allowed access to the FLounge.

Officially minors shouldn't be left in the club lounge, but if you do then your friend could guest you in to the FLounge. Just make sure they do not guest someone else first as it will showup on the computer.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

I think if you just leave them in GC and pop along to GF it's unlikely to cause a problem.

Your son and his friend are 15 and can probably, at their age, be trusted not to break the rules. (Caveat: non-parent speaking here )

I doubt that when you enter GF it'll be picked up that the lads are in GC. Likewise I doubt someone is going to run and hook the two lads out for being "unaccompanied". It's just not that kind of place. Not that I usually condone breaking rules but hey, they're old enough to be treated as adults.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I would suggest that your son guests his friend into the GC (at the same time as you and your friend go in there), then you two head off to the Flounge for a visit. If you've already guested someone in to GC, this may show up when you yourself get guested into the Flounge.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Big apologies if I have missed it but I have had a good look through the relevant threads.

Next week I'm travelling with my 15 year old son, his 15 year old friend and an adult friend of my own from LHR to MAN.

Myself and my son are Silver.

My adult friend is Gold

My son's friend has no status.

I can see it would not be a problem to get into the club lounge as a group of 4, however, I would like to experience the 1st lounge but I know there is a rule about minors access the club lounge without an adult.

Would it be acceptable for us all to go into GC and then for me and my buddy to pop along to the first lounge for a drink or two?

Or would they let the kids come into the 1st lounge as they technically would be unable to fulfill their right to GC due to their age.

In fact, I think I have read on here about qualifying minors being told to use the Concord room due to the age restrictions in GC.

Thanks in advance for the good advice I know is coming!
There is a rule stating no access for unaccompanied under-18s but it is weakly enforced, and only enforced at the door. Certainly there is no angry matron patrolling the lounge for halflings.

I would say, all of you can go together into the J lounge, ensuring that your son (or you, not the Gold) guests his friend—and then after a minute or two you can leave the teenagers in peace and be guested into the Flounge by the Gold friend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.