Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge drinks.....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
BA Lounge drinks.....

I was at the Galleries lounge terminal 3 on Saturday morning,and I thought as there was some nice drinks on display I would treat myself to a Gin and Orange juice,so,I poured myself a large measure of Gordons gin,topped it up with orange juice,went back to my seat,had a sip,and I could not taste the gin!!!,oh,so I went back put another large measure in,and I still could not taste the gin,so,when I got on the plane, I asked for a gin and orange,as I am assuming that my taste buds have died,and lo and behold the taste of the gin is really strong,my point is that I think the gin in the lounge was 'watered' down,is this possible?anyone else had a similar experience?

BA Executive lounge bar,Terminal 3 by davemcd2009, on Flickr

Last edited by liamvad; Jan 25, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:21 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Of course it is possible, it is free pour alcohol so anyone in the lounge could pour anything into the bottle.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Originally Posted by nux
Of course it is possible, it is free pour alcohol so anyone in the lounge could pour anything into the bottle.
But why would anyone do that? Its free,so why put water back in it?...staff maybe?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:33 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by liamvad
But why would anyone do that? Its free,so why put water back in it?...staff maybe?
I think it would be more likely to be a guest rather than staff.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I simply can't believe that BA would issue an instruction to staff to water the drinks in GC - so it's got to be rogue - perhaps a manager who's running low on gin prior to the next delivery. Why on earth would anyone else put water in it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.