Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Centurion
Originally Posted by the_outcast
Have been offered a POUG as well but when I click on it, I get the following error message:

"We are encountering a temporary fault, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact your booking agent."
Tried to book the POUG on the app (iPhone) as well, but got the exact same error message.

Last edited by the_outcast; Nov 3, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
i have been trying to register for triple miles reward for 2 weeks now. the site still showing unsuccessful. from new york/new jersey area. have a up coming trip... not sure if they can fix the issue before my flight!
IS this just me having this problem?? anyone care to share a way to fix this? Thank You.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:12 am

BA website not loading

The BA site is not comming up on my home computer (all other sites are fine) but it loads on my work computer.
I had a similar problem some months ago and resolved it by changing the MAC address on my router.
If BA.com is blocking certain MAC addresses can you please stop it nobody else is doing it and it is annoying.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Originally Posted by uwidavid
The BA site is not comming up on my home computer (all other sites are fine) but it loads on my work computer.
I had a similar problem some months ago and resolved it by changing the MAC address on my router.
If BA.com is blocking certain MAC addresses can you please stop it nobody else is doing it and it is annoying.
BA (and any other websites) do not have knowledge of, or the ability to blacklist your router's MAC address - that's not the way the IP protocol works. They can almost certainly blacklist your router's external IP address, but they would not do this without good reason and It's more likely you have something corrupt in your browser cache or cookies, have you tried clearing those?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
A minor cosmetic one: on the payment info page on the website, unchecking the box to store card details before selecting the card type results in card type drop-down field to be highlighted in red imploring one to make a choice or the whole world will be blown to smithereens.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, MM Senator, FB Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
A minor one: Seat map doesn't refresh even the flight is changed, which leads to a wrong seat allocation.

the booking process gives users the ability of choosing the seat BEFORE making the payment. this morning I chose the A380 flight to Singapore and before I made the payment, i had a look at the seat map and found out there was no window seat left on the upper deck. I went back to change the flight to the later one, 777 flight on the same day. When I begain choosing the seat for this 777 flight, the seat map loaded was for previous A380. No matter how you refresh it (exit the seat selection and go back in), it would not load the correct seat map. If you made the selection based on the wrong seat map, the system still accepted it although later the system would assign a random seat for you.

How to replicate this error: choose Singapore or Hong Kong (or any destination that is served by more than 1 flight every day) as your destination, Select one flight and proceed until it pops up seat selection and click the seat selection. Once the seat map is fully loaded, go back to flight selection and change to a different flight on the same day and go back to seat selection again, you will find out that seat map does not change and you can still select a seat that only exists in the previous plane and does not exist in the current selected plane. You could still proceed and make the payment. Later you will find the seat selection is changed to a random seat but this seat does exist in the travel class of your selected flight.

Not a big deal but still quite annoying.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: BA silver
Sorry, but you can only book flights online with Avios at the moment.

To book hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.

I don't see this mentioned on the forum. Only just down?

edit to add- didn't see the message above. It says
Sorry, but you cannot book online using Avios at the moment.

To book flights, hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.

That about sums the BA website up!!!

Last edited by fiona; Oct 20, 2016 at 10:33 am
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Have been trying to book a redemption award with my Amex 2-4-1. Departure starts at ABZ via LHR to USA but I am unable to access the booking as I get a page asking if I wish to stopover or continue without a stopover, presumably at LHR. No matter which option I choose, and I have tried them both, I cannot get beyond this page and after inputting information the site just reverts to the same page asking the same question. With previous redemption bookings I have never been asked if I wish to stopover at LHR when connecting from a domestic flight.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:01 pm

IP address message of doom

Hi all I received the web page blocked message a few days ago when trying to access BAEC. I have had my 'reputation' corrected to trustworthy waited 48 hours still no joy, phoned BA as instructed, 'this will take up to another 48 hours',still no joy, phoned again to be told others are experiencing this problem and BA IT will take another 48 hours. Do you think it will be sorted? Are there others currently experiencing this. I know from this august forum that this has been a problem in the past.

This is the first line of the message
Web Page Blocked
Unfortunately access to the web page you were trying to visit has been blocked as our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer....
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: Varies
When clicking on the "spending avios" link (using Chrome ) I get

"Sorry

We regret to advise that this section of the site is temporarily unavailable. 413"
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:25 pm

Not receiving the sign-up activation email, on outlook. Even if changing it to a private company work email, still not receiving it.

What to do?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
ba.com is constantly going wrong. I have tried to change a flight onliine only to receive the "Systems not Responding error", the Avios map doesn't work, My Flightpath is still very wrong and that annoying widget still appears even though my profile is 100%. M O'L wouldn't tolerate this.....

I have had to start using the phone again. While it is nice to speak to the excellent call centre staff, it does take a bit of time.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: MUCCI
Continually get this:

"Sorry
We regret to advise that this section of the site is temporarily unavailable. 413"

Has been happening for about a month.
Safari 10. - Why are popular browsers clearly not tested.

Replication:
login to BA.com
then try to access anything from the top menu: "Executive Club > Spending Avios", or "Information > Food and Drink" etc.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
It is now a month without replies from the ba.com team. Something happened to them? Is it better to twitter ba.com issues to get a reply?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Given that BA fired half the department it may be coincidental that the robots have been sighted once more......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.