Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Tried to book an award flight today, was told

An error has occured please go back

Well I went back and tried again and again and again ZZzzzzzz

Works now...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA, KLM, Alitalia
It won't save our advanced passenger information on two different bookings.

It was added by a BA rep. in her sytem when I called with the problem. And it worked for a bit but the for one passenger it says completed when you open it to edit but for the other it only rememberd the hotel (US) and shows empty input fields that won't save if you fill them in. Second booking it won't save the info when added and also doesn't prefill the forms with basic passenger information.

Tested on MAC, OS X Yosemite, Chrome and safari. And on a PC running WIN 7 in firefox and Chrome.

I'm do know my way around computers thats why I tested on multiple platforms to make sure it wasn't a browser problem etc.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Bit of an oddity - and a warning. My UK mobile is in my baec profile, number in (as instructed) without country dialling code with a separate drop down box that selects UK as country where it's registered

When I have the confirm contact details box on mmb it shows up, but when I go to change, lo and behold, the 7 extension at the start has transformed it into a Russian mobile (+7) country code - I dropped the 0 when inputting, maybe this has messed it up?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
How do I find the fare codes on ba.com for an itinery before purchasing the tickets.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
For the past approx. 30 hours I cannot book Cash+Avios ticket, nor a cash+On Business points ticket. Usually get an error message, sometimes have gotten to the end of the entire process before the error message pops up. VERY FRUSTRATED!!

Oh, and can't get to an On Business agent after two forty minute holds.........
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: British Airways
Every time I need to change a booking made with avios, selecting an available date from the calendar popup puts date-1 in the date fields after closing the popup window. You have to manually change the date back to the one you saw that was available on the calendar or you'll see an error stating that there is no availability on that date. It was very frustrating and confusing the first few times I tried changing an award flight. Boo.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
How do I find the fare codes on ba.com for an itinery before purchasing the tickets.
Click on the flight number for each of the flights in the itinerary. You should get a pop-up, the bottom line of which is the "selling class".

In some cases (eg multi-city itineraries), you may need to get as far as a firm price quote before this information is available. For simpler itineraries, it's available at an earlier stage.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Trying to UUA from WT+ to CW on two separate itineraries

On one I am immediately getting the pink box - "No Availability" -

Fine, I accept that

On the other I am getting first, a box with the CW details in it and then eventually the pink box with an error message - "try again later etc..."

This has been the same now for 2 weeks.

Does that suggest there is availability ? or is it just another form of rejection ?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Scillybear
Does that suggest there is availability?
Well, is there availability for a CW award seat? It's the same inventory so that's a sure-fire way of finding out whether or not there's availability.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Guest
When booking car hire and a hotel, you need to book the hotel first, then the car hire. I tried doing it the other way around (as car hire was what I originally wanted) and discovered that you can only add one adult to the hotel room. In order to add two adults, the hotel needs to be booked first, and then the car hire added on...
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: DL-Gold; BAEC-Newbie Silver
Originally Posted by Scillybear
Trying to UUA from WT+ to CW on two separate itineraries

On one I am immediately getting the pink box - "No Availability" -

Fine, I accept that

On the other I am getting first, a box with the CW details in it and then eventually the pink box with an error message - "try again later etc..."

This has been the same now for 2 weeks.

Does that suggest there is availability ? or is it just another form of rejection ?
Most likely there might be....I had the same pink box issue the other day with UuA as well. Would pop error at the availability/ payment page part. Called them up, plenty of availability and booked it over the phone. Waived the phone fee.

I strongly suggest calling them up and inquire wrt to the availability. They shouldn't charge you since it's a system error.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Tried to sign up to BAEC, but after filling in the form the "Join Now" button is unresponsive using Firefox.

Worked with Safari.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
mixed messages

I'm not sure if this is a standard glitch, or a result of the way the booking was made: initially just for me and my wife, with the infant ticket added afterwards on a separate (but linked) PNR.

Either way, it's a bit annoying for the website to keep hectoring me to enter passenger information which is also impossible to provide.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
BA.com doesn't seem to be compatible with Firefox. I am not able to make a booking or OLCI using FF.
I don't know if this is a known problem or it's just me, but I have experienced problems using FF on BA.com in the passed too.
I am forced to switch to IE when I need to do something on BA.com.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:42 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
My bugbear (that has been there for years) is when I first log in I can scroll down on the Home page and see my flight bookings under "My Upcoming Flights".

But if I then go and book another flight or do anything else and then go back to the Home page.....the "My Upcoming Flights" area has disappeared. Then to look at existing bookings I have to click on "Manage My Booking" and guess what....it asks me for a booking reference But I don't know each booking reference off the top of my head and I can no longer see them either because the "My Upcoming Flights" area of the Home page has disappeared

So....have to log out and back in again - ridiculous! Wht can't the BA website recognise that someone is already logged in and display all bookings autmomatically under "Manage My Booking"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.