Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I think BA should introduce a special card for GGL holders and distinguish the overall design from the basic Gold card @:-)
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
Just to confirm, I'm booked on an EI flight (booked via ba.com) on a BA code share number - does that mean I get 10 TPs?

1F
Yes
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Thanks Calchas! (I was getting myself totally confused about it!)

1F
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Morning! I've currently been over awarded TP - 210 instead of 140 - for a CW flight UuA to First. When will these 70 be taken back? Do I just ignore for now?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Morning! I've currently been over awarded TP - 210 instead of 140 - for a CW flight UuA to First. When will these 70 be taken back? Do I just ignore for now?
They may not be taken back. Sometimes BAEC makes a mistake.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the reply Jerry - I'm currently 10TP short for Gold with future bookings. This leaves me unsure whether to do a quick day return or not... Have until June so I'll hold out for now I guess!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
Since I'm unable to get through on the phone. I got a extension for my tier point collection dit that year. However, the extension is not showing on the website. Do I need to be worried? Is there an email address I could ping?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by crisdean
Since I'm unable to get through on the phone. I got a extension for my tier point collection dit that year. However, the extension is not showing on the website. Do I need to be worried? Is there an email address I could ping?
No. A two week extension to acquire additional tier points requalify will not result in a change to your actual membership year or end date. If you earn the necessary tier points in the two week period, you call and BA will upgrade your status. Again, no change in your membership year will occur.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA executive plat, Turkish Airlines Gold , Etihad Gold
Last year I created a BAEC account and since then I didn't fly BA. Until last week the BA website said my TP collation year ends on 8 april 2015. Last week I made a flight with BA and now after my tier points are update in BAEC my account, it says the TP collection year ends 8 feb 2016.

Is it the right conclusion that the date for tier point end collection year is set after the first flight is made? Or is this a mess up from the BA website?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Polo1980
Is it the right conclusion that the date for tier point end collection year is set after the first flight is made? Or is this a mess up from the BA website?
Happened to me and husband: account created in February, first flight taken on end October, tier point end collection year switched to 08 NOV.

I made the same question here, to be sure it wasn't a mistake, and the answer was that many other reported this kind of change
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:56 am

I am blue at the moment and my tier point collection ends 08 July and card expiry is 31 August.

If I collect 1500 tier points after 8 july does this make me gold until 08 july 2017? I had planned to get 1500 by 7 july (but think this only give me gold to 2016?)

Thanks

Last edited by BlueHorizonUK; Jan 14, 2015 at 4:05 am
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hourami
I am blue at the moment and my tier point collection ends 08 July and card expiry is 31 August.

If I collect 1500 tier points after 8 july does this make me gold until 08 july 2017? I had planned to get 1500 by 7 july (but think this only give me gold to 2016?)

Thanks
Correct.

If you hit 1500 TPs anytime from 8 July 2015 - 7 July 2016 you will immediately become a GCH for the remainder of that membership year, and you will be a GCH for your next membership year 8 July 2016 - 7 July 2017.

Your status for the 8 July 2017 - 7 July 2018 membership year is set by the TPs you get between 8 July 2016 - 7 July 2017. However, at a minimum you would soft land to silver if you don't get enough to requalify for gold.

If you hit 1500 TPs before 8 July 2015 you will immediately become a GCH for the remainder of this membership year, and you will be a GCH for your next membership year 8 July 2015 - 7 July 2016.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC , QR Privilege, Oman Sindbad, Tufty Club.
The BAEC statement quotes transaction dates which are often 2 or 3 days after the actual flight. No big deal but so happens this year that a flight taking me to the next tier was flown on the day before my year end and the transaction date posted is after the year end. Which one will be taken for calculating my next year tier ?

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by editionsofyou
The BAEC statement quotes transaction dates which are often 2 or 3 days after the actual flight. No big deal but so happens this year that a flight taking me to the next tier was flown on the day before my year end and the transaction date posted is after the year end. Which one will be taken for calculating my next year tier ?
The (local time) date of the departure of the flight is what matters.

Are you sure that it's the transaction date which is showing as two or three days after the flight? In the two columns of dates, the left hand column is the "Transaction date", which IME always gives the date of the flight; the right hand column says "Posted date", but this can be disregarded for this purpose.

If you're only seeing a single column of dates, you're probably looking at your BAEC welcome page and you need to click "View all transactions" to see the statement.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:51 pm

The tier bonus in the wiki for US Airways is listed as n/a however on the BA site it says you do get a tier bonus on US...

http://www.britishairways.com/en-de/...-avios/flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.