Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 2:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by cvision
Question being whether they're actually correcting it... I'm still waiting for correct credit on a JFK-PHL-SEA itin... provided them with BPs and Ticketing confirmation showing the ticketed date
They only seem to correct it if you are able to get past the front line staff to the back office or more senior staff.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Would that be doable via phone and HUCA or solely via mail?

Edit: Shall one also call the UK office over any local office for that?

Last edited by cvision; May 24, 2015 at 8:46 am
Old May 24, 2015, 10:31 am

Hi all,

I've just shamelessly signed up looking for some help with my BA airmiles status and it seems you all know more than anywhere else I've found on the web! I do hope you won't mind helping me with this query

I've got myself an executive club account with BA, which I signed up for when I noticed quite how many airmiles were on offer with a holiday we have booked for this summer. Sort of off the back of that, although not directly through my executive club account, I applied for a BA amex, which I have been using for the last month. I have noticed in the login area for amex that some Avios have been 'transferred' (on 20th May) and that some are 'waiting to be transferred'. What I can't understand is where they have been transferred to?

I have never knowingly linked my BA amex login with my executive club one and when I login to my executive club area, it shows that I have no Avios. Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this, please? I'm becoming increasingly frustrated!

Thank you
Old May 24, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
just to get a gut-check before i book SIN-LHR:

there is a ticket at half the price via QF. i read the first post which states that this flight WOULD earn avios. i dont need the TPs.

SIN-DXB is a QF flt num, operated by emirates: i get avios and no tp's
DXB-LHR is QF1: i get both avios AND tp's
Old May 24, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Should, according to the asterisk on their accrual page.
But you should also get TPs.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, cmdcooper!
Originally Posted by cmdcooper
I've got myself an executive club account with BA, which I signed up for when I noticed quite how many airmiles were on offer with a holiday we have booked for this summer. Sort of off the back of that, although not directly through my executive club account, I applied for a BA amex, which I have been using for the last month. I have noticed in the login area for amex that some Avios have been 'transferred' (on 20th May) and that some are 'waiting to be transferred'. What I can't understand is where they have been transferred to?

I have never knowingly linked my BA amex login with my executive club one and when I login to my executive club area, it shows that I have no Avios. Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this, please? I'm becoming increasingly frustrated!
If the transfer from Amex only took place on 20 May, I would give it another few days before doing anything because it does sometimes take the systems a few days to complete all the necessary steps.

If they still haven't appeared in your BAEC account by then, it's possible that Amex has transferred them to BAEC but BAEC wasn't able to locate an account which matched the Avios that were sent. BAEC might even have opened a new BAEC account for you. What I would do is to start by calling Amex to find out which account (if any) they've sent them to. Depending on what they say, you might have to call BAEC to find out where they've put the Avios that they received from Amex. If BAEC did open another account, you'd have to get the two accounts merged so that you have access to them. It might also then be worth telling Amex what your correct BAEC number is.

Amex transfers Avios automatically once a month, so I expect that those which are "waiting to be transferred" will get sent to BAEC about 20 June, together with any more that you've earned by then which are ready to be transferred (as that also takes a few days from the day of the credit card transaction).
Old May 25, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Welcome to FT, cmdcooper!If the transfer from Amex only took place on 20 May, I would give it another few days before doing anything because it does sometimes take the systems a few days to complete all the necessary steps.

If they still haven't appeared in your BAEC account by then, it's possible that Amex has transferred them to BAEC but BAEC wasn't able to locate an account which matched the Avios that were sent. BAEC might even have opened a new BAEC account for you. What I would do is to start by calling Amex to find out which account (if any) they've sent them to. Depending on what they say, you might have to call BAEC to find out where they've put the Avios that they received from Amex. If BAEC did open another account, you'd have to get the two accounts merged so that you have access to them. It might also then be worth telling Amex what your correct BAEC number is.

Amex transfers Avios automatically once a month, so I expect that those which are "waiting to be transferred" will get sent to BAEC about 20 June, together with any more that you've earned by then which are ready to be transferred (as that also takes a few days from the day of the credit card transaction).
Thank you so much for your help - I guess the system is much more intelligent than I had given it credit for I'll sit tight and see if they appear!
Old May 25, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by cmdcooper
Thank you so much for your help - I guess the system is much more intelligent than I had given it credit for I'll sit tight and see if they appear!
I think the Avios account number to which your Avios will have been transferred will be shown in the Avios summary box on your statement. If there's no number or the number is wrong, you'll need to chase it up as Globaliser explains.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:25 pm
Suspended

The contact centre can check to see if you have two accounts, or help you if you don't recognise the account on your statement
Old May 27, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
i paid for an upgrade on Sunday at GRU for a flight to LHR but only showing avios and TP's for original ticket.

Is this correct?
Old May 27, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mfgr
i paid for an upgrade on Sunday at GRU for a flight to LHR but only showing avios and TP's for original ticket.

Is this correct?
It is a known glitch, you have to call BAEC.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
the 'dashboard' posts at the start of this sticky...

the 'dashboard' posts at the start of this sticky thread are not up to date.

I'm happy to help out by pointing out what I think is no longer accurate post the recent BAEC changes. I'm not sure who to mention this to or how we as a community get it updated -

as an example - silver is still shown as having a 100% tier bonus.

happy to work by PM or email to help resolve if I can contribute.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: AA,BAEC bronze
quick question please.
I have two bookings made with AA on AA.com and I always at the time of booking enter my BA FF# so I will not forget later on. As I have now moved from SCH to GCH I am wondering if it automatically updated on the AA system? Flights are in July to PTY and I can't wait to be able to use the F-lounge in LAX.

But I read somewhere that it is best to re-enter the FF# to make sure the new status is registered. Only I can not change the FF# in the AA booking at all.
Any thoughts?

cheers
sf
Old May 29, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by snapplefan
quick question please.
I have two bookings made with AA on AA.com and I always at the time of booking enter my BA FF# so I will not forget later on. As I have now moved from SCH to GCH I am wondering if it automatically updated on the AA system? Flights are in July to PTY and I can't wait to be able to use the F-lounge in LAX.

But I read somewhere that it is best to re-enter the FF# to make sure the new status is registered. Only I can not change the FF# in the AA booking at all.
Any thoughts?

cheers
sf
You need to call.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
LTG and qualifying flights

Hopefully within my next membership year I should hit 35,000 TPs. Will I still need the 4 qualifying flights for the status of LTG to be triggered?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.